Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Buzzee
Beginner January 2012

When to put my sweets in jars. (Another question I never thought I would have the need to ask!!)

Buzzee, 9 November, 2011 at 20:12 Posted on Planning 0 1

I know, very dull and bridezilla! But i am having jars of sweets out during the evening (the Ikea ones that seal with a clip, so should be pretty air tight) and am wondering is now too soon to be putting the sweets in these jars!? Or should I leave the sweets in their bags until nearer the time. Have 7 weeks left so just don't want them to go hard!! But feel the need to DO something so thought this could fill some time!

Told you it was a dull question!

1 replies

Latest activity by leni-lw!, 9 November, 2011 at 20:34
  • Butterflycake
    Beginner October 2011
    Butterflycake ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I had mini sweetie jars for my wedding. It depends what type they are. I had a mixture, pear drops, cola cubes, haribos, wine gums etc and I did them on the Tuesday night and got married on the Friday, They will covered with fabric and elastic bands.

I would say do them as late as possible. I tipped all the sweets into two huge boxes before my bridesmaids arrived to help me fill them and they all ready started to stick together. I fear if you put them in the jars too early, they will be stuck as one huge lump.

Hope that helps

Butterflycake xx

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

All my sweets were the gummy ones and i put mine in the jars about 4 weeks ago and they were fine in the airtight jars and didnt go clumpy- well i did shake them every so often lol Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics