Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner November 2023 Essex

When to send invitations?

Zoe, 27 of May of 2023 at 22:50 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi all, looking for some advice on when to send out fomal invitations?

Our venue have asked for final numbers and meal choices by 11 Oct 2023 (6 weeks before wedding) so I'm thinking of asking for RSVPs by 27 Sept so we have 2 weeks to chase if needed.
Most of our guests will be travelling from all over the UK and some from abroad, we sent out save the dates in December (our engagement is only a year long).
Is the end of August too much or too little time? It would be 3 months before wedding, but at the same time would only give guests 1 month to respond?
Thank you in advance!

2 replies

Latest activity by Dennisrow, 3 of June of 2023 at 03:23
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe,

I sent my invitations out 4 months before the wedding and gave guests 2 months to reply by. I didn't want to leave it too late.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would sed them out end of July, this gives you 2 month for your RSVP date then the 2 week buffer zone. People do tend to either reply immediately or not until last minute so you will end up chasing. I sent a polite reminder 2 weeks befor our RSVP date to the 6 people we hadn't heard from as was frustrating just waiting on them! Also as it is over the summer it will take account for people who may be away so gives you enough time

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics