Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2020

When to send invites? Postpone wedding

SunnyGoldConfetti90720, 10 of January of 2021 at 17:29 Posted on Planning 0 8
Good Evening All,

We have postponed our wedding from Aug 20 till July 21. We haven’t yet sent any invites. We spent so much money the first time round on invites that I have been putting it all of.
Has anyone Who’s has a wedding in the summer sent invites? Any suggestion on where to get cheaper invites from and when do you think I should send them. I’m worried that we will send them then have to send people a message to say they can’t come due to Covid. We will 100% get married this year with or without guests and Have a bigger party at a later date.
Any advice appreciated
X

8 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 18 of January of 2021 at 08:22
  • Sunnybluebride3107
    Curious July 2021 Hertfordshire
    Sunnybluebride3107 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello, I’m getting married in July too this year. I was going to send invites out end of April as hopefully by then we should have a better idea of how many people we can invite. I’m also DIY’ing the invites just on publisher and then printing them out on high quality card...I’ve already let the majority of my friends and family know about the date so they can plan ahead but if there are restrictions I’m sure they’ll understand. I’m the same as you, I want to get married this year no matter what and I am happy to celebrate later with everyone.
  • S
    Beginner April 2020
    SunnyGoldConfetti90720 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a fab idea to DIY the invites ! We only want them plain white with black font!

Sending them out the end of April is a brill idea. The main people we want to come already know the date.
    Thank you so much for your help !
    Emma
  • J
    Beginner July 2021 Buckinghamshire
    Jacqueline ·
    • Hide content
    Is your venue and all the details exactly the same as last time? If so When to send invites? Postpone wedding 1

can you not just send a simple change the date? We bought our wedding invites from a wedding stationer and they went out in the spring last year for our September wedding. When it was postponed to July this year, the stationer supplied us with a free template which we just sent by text to people as the only change is the date. Everyone invited understands it’s a moveable feast so I don’t think people expect a new invite. They should be aware it may be postponed again or go ahead with hugely reduced numbers unless they’ve been under a rock this past year! If everything has changed there are several sites that do reasonably priced invites or Hobbycraft do a simple invite that you hand write. I don’t think people’s expectations are very high as far as receiving fancy invites are concerned, most people just want to know if it can go ahead and can they attend so don’t stress too much x
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

We should have been married September 2020, now postponed for 12 months. We had just ordered our invites when the Covid crap hit the fan and we knew we wouldn't get our day.

We used Zazzle, really great service, lots of designs and budgets to choose from. We will use them again, but I am not ordering anything until much nearer the time (probably May).

Hope this helps,

Ali

• Fab
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Fab ·
    • Hide content
    Honestly we did it all online via email, mainly because we have people from 2 countries and it’s also going to be much easier to send updates due to regulations and such!

Since we created a wedding website with Joy it was a lot easier to have a wedding list Smiley smile
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have a joy website too!
  • Fab
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Fab ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    To me that was the easier way to communicate with people especially foreign travellers!
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly but also with the changes in government restrictions you need to be able to communicate last minute.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics