Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eilish
Beginner May 2025 Shropshire

When to send wedding invites and open wedding website for destination wedding?

Eilish, 1 of May of 2024 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all, hoping to get some input on my current situation as all people involved are saying something different!

My partner and I are getting married in the UK, but across the country from where we live, and where most of our family live. We have lots of people planning travel from both the UK and across Europe for our big day, and with that is coming lots of questions to us. Our invite list totals 140 and are expecting 100-110 to make it on the day.

I have the wedding website fully prepared with accommodation choices, FAQs, etc, but planned initially on including this with the wedding invitations. We are getting married at the end of May 2025, and planned to send out the invites and website in November 2024 (to avoid the xmas mail rush - Jan feels like its cutting it too close to May?).

Does this seem like enough time? Lots of places get booked up in the area early, and I want to be able to give people enough time and information to organise themselves so that everyone who plans to come can make it and enjoy the day, and not miss out. It's too far to make the journey in one day.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

2 replies

Latest activity by Eilish, 8 of May of 2024 at 09:21
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If your guests are likely to have the money to book accommodation and tickets immediately (and are also all likely to have passports) then November should be fine. If you think some of your guests might need to save towards the wedding or may not have passports, then I would at least tell them earlier that they are invited even if you don't send out the invites until November.

• Eilish
    Beginner May 2025 Shropshire
    Eilish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We sent our Save the Dates out a while ago and I think were a bit over excited and didn't think that far ahead! Someone on Reddit suggested collecting emails and using our wedding website to send out a mass e-mail with the details (and things like the ability to RSVP etc removed from the site until the actual invites go out!). But WhatsApp is a good idea too! I shall keep that in mind!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics