Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2012

When to start looking for wedding dresses???

kelly1988, 3 November, 2010 at 19:56 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi im new to this website, im getting married on 7/9/2012 and just wondering if its too early to start looking for wedding dresses? So far we've booked the church and reception venue but really want to start looking for dresses, im so excited!!!!!

14 replies

Latest activity by brianna63, 5 November, 2010 at 03:35
  • tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Hi welcome. prepare to become addicted to this site. As for your question it is never too early to look for your wedding dress.

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kelly, welcome to hitched ?

Well there's no harm in making a few appointments and trying some on is there ? when you order it is completely up to you though. When you try the 'one' on you'll know. I ordered mine with about 15 months to go.

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We get married on the 8th sept 2012, and so far have booked venue, suits, registra and cake, also sorted bridesmaids dresses, and been to try wedding dresses on, and have found to stunning ones, and 1 is stuck in my head, its never to early to look, just dont be fast to order without having a good shop around first.

and enjoy.....

sarah

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

Wow your organised! I didn't realise you could book things now think I will start looking at wedding dresses ? the question is who do you take with you, I want to take my mum and probably my best friend but would you take the hubby 2 be's mother? can't believe your getting married day after us lol. Thanks guys you've all really helped me.

• N
    Beginner July 2011
    nikkilew5 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya kelly and welcome to hitched!!! i dont think you are to early to start looking! the way i look at it is the build up and preperation is such an exciting time that you should make the most of it. its good to get an idea of what style you want just make sure you have a really good look before ordering so there isnt the risk that you may then change ur mind on style etc....

i got engaged last year and couldnt resist to throw myself straight into the planning its so fun and this website is brilliant!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I only took my mum, who you take is up to you. I would say that if you arent 100% sure about brining MIL2B then dont. I took mine to see the dress when mine was actually delivered to the shop. By then I knew she would not tell OH or anyone else what it was like as she had kept smaller wedding secrets.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Welcome Kelly!!

Am getting married in 2012 too and have not started visting wedding shops yet - but have got a list full of what i like and what i want to try on from looking on internet, but i plan to start visiting shops in January!! So far we are awaiting confirmation on church and venue and hope to have them both booked within the next 2 weeks! x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome! i get married may 2012, and have venue, tographer and dj booked.....and also gotmy dress about 3weeks ago!! wasnt looking for it, just found it byaccidnet!!

if your sure your not goingto change yourmind, go for ti!!

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kelly

Yeah i am very organised, strangley so, i took my best mate with me, as she is very honest, then as my mum lives in stafford and we are in south yorks, going to take her and MIL with me to try on the ones i really likes, so far that is 2....

We are on with sorted DJ and Photographer this month.

Sarah

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Hi and Welcome to hitched!!

I found it very useful in my wedding planning!!

I booked our venue the week after we got engaged and picked my dress the week after that!! lol Its never too early to go dress shopping!! lol

LxXx

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome! It's never too early to start looking. But can I offer you some free advice? Don't get too organised - I'm almost completely sorted and I've still got 11 months to go, and I'm kinda in limbo now with not much to do (except hang out here!) until dress fitting in the summer.

But there are some brides on here who have bought dresses with 2 years to go and then changed their minds - so look but don't buy!

• MrsH29.06
    Beginner June 2012
    MrsH29.06 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, welcome to hitched.... you'll become totally addicted in no time if you haven't already!!

I'm getting married June 2012 and already have my dress, venue booked, tog, cake, registrar. It's never too early to look, and if there is one that grabs you.... go for it.... you will know when you have the perfect dress for you.... good luck with all the planning etc... It's great fun ?

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Crikey, I better start looking! I get married in just over a year and haven't set foot in a Dress shop!!

• F
    Beginner August 2012
    fiona128876 ·
    • Hide content

Well in my opinion~

as early as possible. there are thousands of dresses sites on the internet, you can just first search for your favorite style online and then go to some dress shops to try them.

just good luck and hope you'll get a perfect dress for yourself~

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    brianna63 ·
    • Hide content

The Most Distinctive mother of the bride dresses of the Week: 10 Enchanting Extras Wedding Bridesmaid Dresses Also Turn into the Luxurious that are Affordable by Common People Sarah Jessica Parker Display You How to Tackle of Renaissance Inspired Dresses 10 Most Luminous Adornment: popular 2011 wedding gowns.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics