Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hannah
Beginner April 2023 Staffordshire

When to start planning?!

Hannah, 4 of March of 2021 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 7
Me and my partner got engaged on Sunday, I’m over the moon and as you can tell really excited to get planning.

We were thinking April 2023, if I had it my way I’d do it next year, but I’m awaiting to finish my course with work!
Is it worth starting to think of guests and a venue? I’ve looked at a few and it’s booking up fairly quickly!
Thanks in advance Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 16:05
  • Paige
    Curious August 2023 Berkshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, firstly congratulations! My fiance and I have been engaged since Sep 2019, however we are also getting married in 2023 (August hopefully). There is no rush in starting planning, but if you're excited there is little things you can do. I have already started planning and written up a guest list and provision seating plan, and basically planned exactly how I'd like my wedding to look. We also got a chance to look round some venues and go to wedding fairs which are definitely worth it when restrictions lift! There is no harm in getting ideas early, but remember to have fun and enjoy being engaged!!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

Yes congratulations!

We got engaged in November 2020 and I was thrilled as had been waiting for 5 years lol.

We are getting married in July 2022 and have already booked the ceremony and reception (at the same venue) and the registrar as when we approached a lot of venues they had limited availability for a Saturday in July, I had also thought we had ages but when I spoke to these venues I realised lots of weddings from 2021 are also being moved so that creates more pressure. So it really depends on how set you are on dates in the future and if you are prepared to move if your date is taken. We knew we wanted a summer wedding and it suited us to have it after the school term has finished as I have school age children in my bridal party and thought it was a nice time to get married so family can stay around longer as they do not live nearby.

I think my fiancé thinks I am being too organised as I have already spoken to a florist and a DJ but it gives me something fun and productive to do as lockdown home working and schooling is sapping my energy!

Good luck with all your planning!

Katie

• Leonie
    Savvy June 2022 Kent
    Leonie ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! And yes venues book usually 2 years in advance, we booked our venue in September 2020 for our wedding in June 2022 x
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    If you want a weekend wedding(saturday) in spring/ summer 2023 i would start looking at venues now. We booked ours 2 years ahead and got last available weekend in j
    June(may and July were already full) then had to reschedule to next year and could only get a Sunday as due to rescheduling our venue has no saturdays till end of September left for next year and only very few for 2023(but we didn't want to postpone that far). Some less popular venues might be easier but also depends on your budget(outs was 10-12k for the whole wedding and "affordable" nice venues book usually super fast) All the best
  • Jade
    Beginner October 2023 Hampshire
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations.
    Me and my partner got engaged in June 2018.
    We have just booked our wedding venue and reception for October 2023. Currently ordered something to make our own wedding invitations. And table pieces. Guest list is done. Budget set out.. looking around for cakes, photographers and looking for my dress. Only 960 odd days for us. X
  • C
    Beginner July 2023 North West London
    Chanika ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

We got engaged two sundays ago and are planning for summer 2023 also. Weve started looking into venues already ahead of the usual 18-12 months window just to make sure we stand the best chance of getting the venue we want on the date we've set. x

• Jade
    Curious June 2023 Shropshire
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!
    We got engaged in November 2020 and we are getting married 30th June 2023, we have already booked the venue, the band, the photographer and the decorations
    We had to book the venue asap as they had no pretty much no Fridays or Saturdays left in 2023, so had to book to guarantee our date! We did get a tour round when restrictions were better before Christmas and I would recommend visiting venues you like, it’s such a fun experience! We’re probably too organised but we were having fun searching out vendors in this time when there isn’t a lot else to do, and once we loved a vendor we thought why not just book them and secure them for our date. I guess there’s no major right or wrong way to plan, do what suits you both as people and make sure you enjoy it! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics