Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2013

When to take off veil?

minuet, 19 of June of 2013 at 06:19 Posted on Planning 0 7

17 days out and ridiculous questions like this are now coming thick and fast!!

I'm having a long (not quite cathedral but about 3 feet on ground) lace edged veil. Am I supposed to keep it on during the wedding breakfast and take it off before the evening reception starts? I know I can do what I like but wondered what the usual was? How on earth am I meant to manoeuvre such a long veil around? Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 19 of June of 2013 at 11:31
  • Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I totally forgot about mine! I had a chapel length and it just became part of me! When I did remember, I decided to leave it on for evening guests to see and took it off after first dance x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

It probably depends on how much it gets in your way or annoys you.

If you can, it's be nice to keep it on for evening guests to see but then take off for dancing etc.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree with this ? If it doesn't get on your nerves then leave it on, there's no right or wrong with how long to wear your veil, completely up to you!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Mines got on my nerves because when people hugged me, it yanked my head back! Came off before we sat for the meal Smiley smile

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Mine was fingertip and I left it on right up until the dancing was in full swing but that was more cos I forgot! I think I had it taken off about 11! Most tend to take it off before dinner as again, it'll get in the way etc...

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Get all the nice photos done and then keep in on as long as you like until you have had enough of catching bees, wasps, flies, twigs, children in it. You can always putit back on for the eve guests to see how you looked.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics