Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ellijames
Beginner September 2012

When to think about/order invites?

ellijames, 10 November, 2011 at 18:44 Posted on Planning 0 4

I have just been browsing hitched and came across a post about invites, the lady is a date twin and I have not even thought about invites!! We have sent Save the Dates!!

So was really wondering whether I should get a move on? We get married 1st Sept 2012?

Thanks

C xx

4 replies

Latest activity by ClaireMcToBe, 10 November, 2011 at 22:23
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Hi, it all depends on what you want out from your invites. Whether you want to make them yourself or get someone else to do it for you. If it's the latter, some companies need pre warning of a fair few months so that you can work together to establish what it is your looking for. Plus obviously the necessity of having to send them out a while before your wedding. If you want to make your own and you know exactly how you want them to look then that's great. However if your anything like me, It will take you hours and a very long time to work out how to create something at least half way 'passable'! ?

I have made mine and will send them out Jan next year for our June wedding.

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    sammi23 ·
    • Hide content

I made my invites they took 4mnths to get perfect! we are july 2012 and i am in process of sedning them out! main reason is 20% of r guests will be booking flights and accomodation and a good 50% normally all book holidays in january so i wanted them out before people start doing that (just incase the dates would clash!) i also didnt want to send them too close to christmas for the reason of them been lost in the post or thrown to oneside and forgot about! HTH x

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hello

It is traditional to send out invitations six weeks before the wedding however a lot of couples send them out much earlier than that. I usually advise to send out 2 or 3 months in advance (earlier if lots of people are travelling and will need to sort accomodation etc)

In terms of ordering your stationery I advise people to ideally order their invitations no less than six months before the wedding to allow time to finalise a design, wording etc, then produce the invitations.

It does depend on what type of invitations you are planning on, printed stationery is normally quicker. As stated above, if you are making the invitations yourself then you need to allow time to make sure you are happy with your design as well as making it.

I would always recommend that if you find a supplier (not just stationery) that you really want, contact them regarding availability as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Anna

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're also September 2012 (end of) and we have chosen but not ordered ours. Will probably order them around February/March I think, send them out in July. If you're making them, I'd advise definitely doing it sooner rather than later. Just in case! We are on Operation Invitation this weekend for my friend's wedding in March, just making them now. At the other end of the scale, my dad just received an invitation (not a save the date, as I originally thought it must be, but a proper invitation) for a wedding that's a year away! Organisation, or crazy?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics