Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

suzy985
Beginner September 2015

Where are all the beautiful places that aren't too expensive?

suzy985, 18 of September of 2014 at 23:55 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all.

I'm finding looking for venues quite difficult. After having some info on some places that look nice it starts getting complicated with venue fees and then catering fees etc etc.

Any places that have it all included don't seem as nice.

Does anyone have any venues they could recommended in Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and South.

Thanks

12 replies

Latest activity by Kirsty851, 29 of January of 2020 at 22:18
  • soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

What is it that you're looking for, as I've found a lot of what I would call a nice venue with all included in Berkshire! What kind of prices are you looking at?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

That's is my area so i'm in a good position to help here. where have you looked and without me trying to be rude, what am i roughly looking at budget wise so i don't exceed? we looked at HUNDREDS of venues online and dozens irl and i'm going through it all again with some friends, plus i used to write for wedding mags Smiley winking hehe

• suzy985
    Beginner September 2015
    suzy985 ·
    • Hide content

I’m not the best planner really, I’m not the typical girl who gets excited about planning a wedding, (I know, I know – there must be something wrong with me) I just find things like this very stressful. Trying to embrace it though but there is so much to think of.

I guess I haven’t really got a budget yet, we’ve just got a house together so we’ve spent a lot on that and still things that need doing with the house however I may be getting a little bit of support from my parents so I’ve been looking at prices to try and get venue and food etc at around the £5000-£6000 mark.

Having looked online more I find myself liking the barn type places or that type of look with wooden beams and that of feel however I’m more attracted to the all included hotel prices obviously! I want it to be something quite nice but didn’t want it to be in something that looks like a meeting room!

Any ideas or prices of places would be fab. Thanks all, nice to see there is a little network here for people to help one another J xx

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Do a google search along the lines of food pubs in the countryside. I'm a wedding photographer and am amazed by what great value some of the nice pubs are. I photographed a wedding in Yorkshire a few weeks ago that was £1500 for a full wedding on a Thursday! They don't even advertise as a wedding venue because they are fully booked.

Some of the village pubs are better venues than the hotels!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

So sorry it's taken me so long, but i put out some e-mail feelers to engaged friends and a few old colleagues to get reviews, so i wasn't recommending dud's Smiley winking hehe

all of these suggestions SHOULD fit within the budget you stated and all apparently go out of their way to accommodate their couples Smiley smile i'm in farnborough (about 6-7mins drive from the meadows roundabout i.e, the apex between hants, surrey and berks hehe) and all of these are within an acceptable distance from said apex, so hopefully that helps you some Smiley smile

ok:

http://www.barleymowhorsley.com/home.html

barn; more for the intimate wedding as it is a smaller venue but stunning nonetheless. when last i checked venue hire was free, and catering was affordable but must admit to not checking as recently as some. no ceremony option.

http://www.taplinsplace.co.uk/#!

barn with scope for outdoor ceremony. my own photographers used this place and they said it was affordable venue hire and stunning! no in house catering and i BELIEVE no specified caterers so potential to snag a bargain.

https://uftoncourt.co.uk/weddings-in-berkshire/seasonal-weddings

barn; pricier but still affordable re venue hire- some good deals to be had on venue hire if you're not fussy on date. unsure on caterers pricing though. as far as i know ceremony options available and STUNNING venue.

http://www.pitthallbarn.co.uk/

barn- pricier. venue hire comes in between 3 and 4 and they have specified caterers, but i'm unsure on their current prices. stunning venue, so might be worth an investigate. to my knowledge ceremony options available.

https://assets.baronspubs.com/uploads/sites/6/2013/11/your-event.png

hall- the meade hall at the crown and cushion minley. a beamed room with a barn look but extremely good prices!!! current venue hire of £500 for a saturday wedding and catering at good prices. a friend is marrying there this november and speaks VERY highly of the customer service/contact. a truly gorgeous building- i highly recommend an investigate. no ceremony option.

http://www.pineridgegolf.co.uk/pages.php?&pageid=1478

golf club- pine ridge is potentially an odd inclusion BUT their function sweet is beamed and has a barn feel to it. reasonable prices, gorgeous grounds that one expects from a golf club, great, helpful staff and lovely food. pricing is pretty good and ceremony options available.

i hope these have helped you some! if i can think of any more i'll let you know. i would recommend my own venue as i had my reception in a barn HOWEVER, i know that they're going to be doing renovation soon and won't be accepting bookings during the renovation work, and also, the prices are going up soon and they cost a bomb when i married this year so i dread to think what it'll be soon.

good luck lovely- hope you're around in future as i'd love to see where you do end up holding your big day- i love a good barn wedding!! Smiley smile

• suzy985
    Beginner September 2015
    suzy985 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for this Miss Winter!

this has helped me loads with research over the weekend. i really like the look of Ufton Court and they have some good deals up until June next year so may book to see the venue!

I also didn't realise that the pine ridge golf club was like that inside.

I know Farnborough pretty well, I've just moved to Ash Vale from Woking so not far from you! This is a really great help, thank you for taking the time to send me the info.

I also randomly came across the Burford Bridge Hotel (looks to be part of the Mercure hotel group) but they have a barn type room for weddings http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-6635-mercure-box-hill-burford-bridge-hotel/location.shtml

I'll keep in touch on here as to any venues I go to see.

thanks again! ? xx

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Any other local help, just ask my lovely! always a pleasure to help a local lady if i can Smiley winking wishing you smooth sailing and much enjoyment! xxx

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

How far South are you willing to look? I'll put my thinking cap on too.

• suzy985
    Beginner September 2015
    suzy985 ·
    • Hide content

Well I've even looked at a place in the New Forest so happy to go further south xx

• It Must Be Love Wedding Photography
    It Must Be Love Wedding Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Suzy!

We saved a fortune by getting married in a register office, then having an outdoor reception at our local Queen Elizabeth Country Park (Hampshire), where we hired a large BBQ site (for £90 I think) and used professional caterers. They provided everything including tables and chairs, and the BBQ was amazing! You can pick your caterers to suit your budget. We also hired a portaloo for £100.

There was an undercover area but in case the weather was awful, we also provisionally booked a school hall (actually part of a private school) and they didn't charge us anything. As it turned out, the wedding day was absolutely glorious and everyone had a fab time, including the children who enjoyed played swing ball and badminton! Two of my childhood faves ;-)

I guess it added a bit of stress, not knowing exactly where it would be, but it was definitely worth the risk!

Good luck x

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Basically anywhere that doesn't tie you into their catering. Find a place you can source your own caterers and that could save you over 2k right off the bat x

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Don't know how expensive it is but it has a barn!

http://www.wasing-weddings.co.uk/

Good luck

• K
    Beginner August 2021
    Kirsty851 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ??

It might be a long shot but I see you have a lot of knowledge in venues as per your post !

Me and my fiancé are settled on the Meade hall for our reception however we found out that they can’t hold The ceremony there . Do you know anywhere nearby that could just hold a ceremony or blessing ? I grew up in Farnborough so you’d think I’d know somewhere nearby but alas nothing. we have discuses doing it in a registry office but a lot of them are to small for our numbers or over 30 minutes away . Any advice would be appreciated !

Thank you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics