Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jemima Renrut
Beginner October 2013

where are all the wedding reports???

Jemima Renrut, 28 February, 2013 at 07:12 Posted on Planning 0 10

Are we going through a dry spell at the minute? Not seen one for a while now...

10 replies

Latest activity by Kentish Gal, 28 February, 2013 at 22:32
  • Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I put a load of wedding pictures up and only had 4/5 comments so I'm not going to bother spending hours writting a report.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kylie I understand that must have been disheartening for you, but personally I much prefer a report when I can become completely involved in their experience of the day than just the odd photo.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I missed yours Kylie so I've had a look & commented - you looked fab BTW!

Something that occured to me - could we get the nice folks @ hitched to create us a special forum for Wedidng Reports alone? I can find it difficult to find them sometimes? That way, they are in the one place? Or has this been already suggested and declined? Anyone?

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

PS Kylie I missed your photos btw!! Before you think my comment was saying I just looked and waddled off :-)

TY -I've often thought that would be extremely helpful and wondered if there was a reason why it hadn't been done already ?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I've sent through a suggestion for it - might be turned down but hey, can't hurt to try! :-)

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

A separate section for good luck messages and wedding reports has been suggested lots of times over the years but the general opinion was that they wouldn't get noticed if they were in a section of their own. I might be wrong but did we have a general vote on it last year?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think including the link to your report in your signature works fine, many hitchers already do this.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Got a reply from Francesca @ hitched:

"We are actually in the process of developing a 'wedding report' function where newlyweds can create their own write up with images etc...so watch this space."

Yayy! Altho, I do agree with funky - the link in the sig works grand :-)

I'm an 'organiser' - I like to put stuff in special places... my email folders are hilarious!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I think the wedding report format is a brill idea! It will make it loads easier and hopefully there will be more reports :-) I must admit I'm guilty of quickly scanning pics but like to read reports. I'm also afraid I don't really pay attention to signatures unless its announced I miss it or assume I've read it already

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Agree its good to have it in signature but I also sometimes think have I read this one etc!

Good Luck threads I can definitely see why they should stay on here, but reports I think people actively go out to seek - and it would be nice to have them in one place.

I can't wait - bet there is loads I have missed!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics