Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2011

Where are you going on Honeymoon?

Hayse-08/10/11, 13 February, 2011 at 10:14

Posted on Planning 66

We're currently trying to decide where to go where to go on our Honeymoon and need a bit of inspiration. We like the idea of going to South Africa- Cape Town for a few days and Safari for a few days- followed by a week Mauritius however, this is working out at way over our budget. So, where are you...

We're currently trying to decide where to go where to go on our Honeymoon and need a bit of inspiration. We like the idea of going to South Africa- Cape Town for a few days and Safari for a few days- followed by a week Mauritius however, this is working out at way over our budget.

So, where are you going on your honeymoon? And, why did you choose that place?

x

66 replies

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

We're going two weeks 5 star all inc to Cuba, two days after the wedding.

Can't wait, never been all inclusive before!!

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

Wow- some amazing places and great ideas for me as well.

Thanks for all the responses x

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

You ladies all have some amazing honeymoons planned!

We haven't decided yet, we know that our honeymoon will have to be 6months (ish) after the wedding so that we have time to save up. OH's lovely aunty and uncle have offered us their beautiful country lodge in Wales for a few days mini moon straight after the wedding though.

x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

We are also having 2.

One straight after - in Mexico, the Excellence Playa murjeres:

Then 6 months later onto the Dominican republic. Trying to decide between another excellence resort, or going back to somewhere i've been once already without family - The majestic colonial in punta cana.

or

We've also just found out OHs uncle will be living 1 hour from New York in 18 months, which may mean another awesome holiday 4 months after Dom Rep - it's also Dad's Bday so shall see what that brings - Dad took us all away for his wifes 40th and its his 50th so Im hoping they may again return the favour and we'd only have to pay for OH!!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Were for london for a nite and then Mexico, Riviera maya for 2 weeks, 5 star all inclusive. I'm not a great traveller but OH always wanted Mexico and we know 2 couples who have been to the hotel and adored it.

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

We are going for 2 weeks to Las Vegas the day after the wedding cant flipping wait!!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We are touring Sri Lanka for 7 nights then off to Kuramathi in the Maldives for 7 nights AI....can't wait... 5 weeks!

• Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

We really fancied doing a twin centre but like you everything was coming out wayyyy over budget.

We have booked to go to Mexico - Its not somewhere we've been and we wanted to go to the carribean. Took us ages to decide!!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Kuala Lumpur 3 nights, Cameron Highlands 2 nights, Bali 7 nights, Bintan 5 nights, Singapore 2 nights. Here is our villa in Bali:

Yay!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

erm just seen this missus, VERY JEALOUS!! id LOVE to see the grand prix anywhere!!

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

We've just booked ours today off to Sri Lanka for 9 nights can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Mallorca for 2 weeks. We got a great deal on a 1 bedroom villa with private swimming pool, surrounded by lemon groves. Looks and sounds amazing and will be very secluded, which is what we want Smiley smile

Everyone else's sound great! I'm very jealous of those going to the Caribbean...

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet but it'll be a couple of days on Pemba or Zanzibar followed by a longer break later in the year - hoping for Zambia or Mozambique but should also come back to the UK at some stage as OH has never been.

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Stuck between three,

Mexico for 2 weeks,

Kenya week hotel week safari or

New York, Vegas and Hawaii!! ( ive already done New York OH hasn;t).

We were thinking the maldives again we went last year but we want to go to the same island and its been upgraded to a Thomson A La Carte and now way out of price range Smiley sad Smiley sad

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats the kind of honeymoon I would have adored but OH was very determined to go to Mexico so we are!

Can i be nosey and ask now much roughly? Ive told OH I want a really nice holiday next year as well but a far shorter flight!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Barbados (St James to be exact) for seven nights, all inclusive with no kids!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We're off to somewhere secluded and lovely in the UK for the week after our wedding. Mr CB is booking it so I'm not sure exactly, though I suspect it might be the Lake District.

We're having our proper honeymoon in September - 3/4 weeks travelling around Bora Bora, Tahiti, Fiji and maybe the Cook Islands, followed by 2 weeks in New Zealand. Looking forward to finalising our itinerary soon!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

We are not sure yet, but are seriously thinking of going to USA and Mexico (we would go in November as weather's not great in Sept).

We would fly to Los Angeles, get the train to the Grand Canyon stop there for a night, get the train to Houston (stopping a couple of times we have not decided where yet), go to NASA (OH loves space stuff), go to New Orleans to drink burbon and listen to jazz (my friend is there at the moment working and her pic look amazing, great atmosphere) this would be 1 week, the second week would be fly from Houston to Mexico City (I have a friend there) stay there a night then pop over to the Mexican caribbean to RELAX.

I am not sure how much this will cost tho...

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

We are having a mini moon at the le monde hotel in edinburgh, I wouldnt leave my son 2 go away on a holiday, and also wouldnt have a mini moon abroad incase anything was wrong and i couldnt get back 2 him quick enough, so we will be 40 mins away in edinburgh!! Im sad I know but my son comes 1st ?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We're planning to mostly campervan around New Zealand, but we'll have a few nights in luxury accommodation too. Planning to go for 3-4 weeks in November 2012 or February 2013 (we get married in August 2012) and can't flippin' wait!

I'd love a minimoon as well but it depends if there's any spends left in the budget!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Vegas for 4 nights then Mexico for 11 nights...hubby 2b booked it as a surprise christmas present!! xx

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Bates Motel.

Otherwise known as that place in Mauritius where the staff strangle nice honeymooners!

Am hoping that lightning really doesn't strike twice in the same place.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are going to Mauritius too but staying at Le Mauricia. My Nanna instructed me to cancel after that tragic murder!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

My mum threw a bit of a wobbly too, but the travel agent said we couldn't change hotels unless we paid a fee (which we can't afford having blown the budget on the honeymoon anyway!)

I have told H2B that he is fetching all the biscuits and I am keeping the spending money in my knickers. (Where NO-ONE will get hold of it!)

• SarB
    Beginner August 2011
    SarB ·
    • Hide content

Im the same as Kayl!! Going to Mexico to the same resort Excellence Playa Mujeres!! I cannot wait 2 weeks all inclusive adults only resort bliss!!

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ladies, were off to Mauritius too staying at the Sugar Beach Resort. soooo excited.

we was going to stay at the carribean, but we love the idea of the indian ocean and the romance of it so we thought it would be perfect place to spend our honeymoon and as were getting married in december, that is when they have their summer.

Karina xx

• yes2011
    Beginner
    yes2011 ·
    • Hide content

Santorini and Cyclades. Greek island with stunning sunsets. Reachable by easyjet but still beachy feeling.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

We're having 10 nights in Corfu - staying here: https://www.evapalace.com/

• Mistral
    Beginner
    Mistral ·
    • Hide content

We're thinking cold holiday too! At the moment we'd love to go to Sweden to the original Ice Hotel www.icehotel.com to hopefully see the Northern Lights. I also fancy trying some ski-ing and doing the ice sculpting too. Neither of us are bothered about hot, and this would be an adventurous holiday. We'd try and explore a little of scandinavia while we were there. My fiance has also suggested we have a second honeymoon at the Olympics... so we applied for tickets (we went a bit mad and tried to book 7 events, ranging from Athletics, Fencing and Weightlifting!). Would be amazing if we could do that too.

I think I might be more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding... ?

• J
    Beginner May 2011
    Jenny1979x ·
    • Hide content

We are off to Sharm El Shiek for 7 nights all inclusive, then 6 weeks after we are off to Majorca with our 3 children for a week.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics