Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2017

Where are you staying on the wedding night?

lucyjo, 9 of January of 2017 at 14:02 Posted on Planning 0 10

Our venue doesn't offer accommodation so we're having to make our own plans for what to do on the night of the wedding. Just out of curiosity, quick show of hands.....are there any other brides doing something a bit outside the box, instead of the usual staying at the venue with the bridal party thing? .... Camping? Heading straight to the airport for honeymoon? The spare room at the in-laws? ? ....

x

10 replies

Latest activity by gabrisweet, 27 of July of 2021 at 20:10
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Our venue hasn't got any accommodation either - so I've booked all nine rooms at a newly refurbished hotel in the same town for us & all the bridal party & parents etc.

The next day we're going into London for a night as we've got friends coming from Australia & USA who've not been to the UK before - so we'll take them around for some sightseeing, stay in the same hotel as them & then on the Monday morning head up to Yorkshire for our 4 night mini-moon!

We did talk about going home on the Sunday night in between, but I felt like it was going to be a bit of an anti-climax after all the wedding excitement!

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

We don't have accommodation at our venue either, but it's 10 mins from our house so a hotel seems a bit costly!

We're instead planning on an all nighter, with a bunch of our young guests we'll be going out clubbing after and (hopefully) stay up all night ready for our 'survivors' breakfast the next day.

So if we crash out before then, we can just head home and sleep.

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is an old tram depot so no accommodation! We are renting a little 2 bedroom apartment with river views. Accommodation is a bit of a nightmare as we picked great north run weekend in Newcastle so some family members are in Air b&b apartments and my aunt and grandma are staying in our house a short drive away. Haha my groom was keen for an after party too, Bacchant but I dunno if that will happen. Are you getting changed before the club? Are you booking a VIP area or telling the club you're coming?

• P
    Beginner October 2017
    Purpleshoes13 ·
    • Hide content

The barns we are getting married at don't have any accomodation, so we are staying at a little cottage down the road for 2 nights. I think the cottage is walking distance from the barns, so I like the idea of walking there at the end of the night.

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousRedConfetti566 ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to go to some quaint cottage for a night stay or something cosy like that, the village setting of our venue allows for it, but because I also want to visit cumbria, yorkshire and take my kids to somerset this year/early next year we're staying in the local travelodge - cheap and cheerful?

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

My cousin is going back home haha

They're getting married at some barns about an hour away, so there's no onsite accommodation and they've decided they might as well spend their first night as man and wife at home.

This is a bride who was planning on taking a taxi to her wedding lol Smiley tongue

We're staying at the venue - their rooms are gorgeous and they do the best sausage sandwiches for breakfast so I'll be dragging myself out of bed the next morning haha

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Love the sound of an all-nighter! If only we were 10 years younger! I'm hoping our hotel bar will still be open when we get back, but we have our venue until 1.30am so that might be pushing our luck somewhat!

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Mr_P ·
    • Hide content

The venue we're having our ceremony at has a 5-room bed-and-breakfast on-site, plus some cottages that are available for rent PLUS you can book glamping tents or bring your own!

So - we're staying in the B&B, lots of family and friends in there too and the cottages, and we're going to hire one of the glamping tents for the teenagers. Some of our guests are toying with the idea of camping too. For breakfast, we all head to the tipis and get it served (by the B&B not us!) in there.

On the Sunday, we'll be up early and heading to Windermere for our mini-moon - just booked it this morning!

Mr_P

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh there are some lovely ideas here! Respect to the PP who's planning on staying up all night!! I shall be lucky to make it to the end of the evening do at 11pm! #lightweight

?

• Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    We are staying at a nice hotel a short drive from the venue, a bunch of guests are staying there too so we've booked taxis for the end of the night. We also have a bridal party Airbnb for the whole weekend, so somewhere for family to gather the next day Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics