Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liverbird
Beginner August 2012

Where can I find a large heart shaped punch?

Liverbird, 29 January, 2012 at 15:51 Posted on Planning 0 4

About 3 inches across, that will punch the centre/top half of an A5 piece of card?

Working on designing my OOS's at the moment and I was planning to stamp the front of them with the same large flowery heart stamp that I used for the invitations, only the card I am using for the OOS's is navy and it doesn't show up very well (would embossing help with this? never tried it before!). Sooo I was thinking instead to punch the heart shape out so that the cream paper inserts show through, except I can't find a punch big enough that looks like it will stretch far enough down the card - most of them seem designed to punch a shape out to stick on top, and I want the opposite - to leave a heart shaped window in the front of the card!

?

4 replies

Latest activity by Liverbird, 14 February, 2012 at 11:08
  • Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Hobby Craft or The Range? I got a couple, smaller than the one you want though, but they both have a good range of punches.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Try on here...https://www.craftsulove.co.uk/punches.htm they have billions of punches

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

The problem with a standard punch is that you may only be able to punch the heart up a certain way, and as you say, it may not be able to reach to the correct position. I'm not sure if this one would be big enough - but it allows you to position it anywhere:

http://www.beautifulpapercrafts.co.uk/craft-punches-c17/martha-stewart-punches-c45/martha-stewart-punch-all-over-the-page-studded-heart-p423?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=martha-stewart-punch-all-over-the-page-studded-heart&utm_campaign=froogle#570

If you want to stamp on the dark card, you can do so if you use a metallic light (ie silver) coloured ink pad - it would show up on the card. If you want to emboss the stamp design it will show up even better. You need to stamp the image, dust over embossing powder then melt it with a heat gun. There are lots of instructions on Youtube about how to do this, and embossing powder and gun may be less than the cost of a large punch.

HTH - give me a shout if you want any more info!

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, had forgotten all about posting this!

ATB - That's the punch I came across too, but it's still smaller than I would like and pricey. I think I would rather use the heart stamp I already have that I used on my invitations so that the OOS ties in with them, so I think stamping sounds like the way forward! I'll have a mooch down the local craft shop and see what they have to offer. Thanks for the fab advice :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics