Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xlovebirdsx
Beginner August 2012

where can I find the 'twigs' that make this centrepiece?

xlovebirdsx, 19 May, 2012 at 16:32 Posted on Planning 0 6

I love these centrepieces, but I have no idea how to make them ie where to find the 'twigs'. Has anyone had these centrepieces or having them? Do I buy the 'twigs' or do Ifind some in the woods lol?

6 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 19 May, 2012 at 21:33
  • L
    Beginner June 2013
    lgm19 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Wilkinson's? My local one has quite a large range of artificial flowers and twigs like the ones in your pic. Also also seen them in Matalan but I think they might have come with a vase.

x

• G
    Beginner December 2012
    Gemicle ·
    • Hide content

Try your local garden centre?

but the woods idea appeals to my tightarse nature ? if you do that wash them like you would dishes and dry them thoroughly (a sunny day would do it) then coat with hairspray which seals them a bit (oh the things i do as a primary school teacher)

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

One type of branch that is commonly used for table decor is called Manzanita branches but they can be expensive and you may have to import them. Google alternatives to Manzanita branches to give you some ideas on what sorts of branches would be strong enough to do this type of decor and take it from there x

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Dunhelm have ones like that in both white and pink currently.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am having curly willow which is similar with orchids entwined around them. My florist is getting them so you may be able to order from a florist. It can work with twigs that you find in the woods too, I am not sure if they need treating or drying though. Maybe a florist HIB on here may be able to tell you.

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Can someone please help me, ive found these which I love, but the descriptionisnt very clear - does it mean that the part of the branch that is pictured is only 4cm??! surely not?! x

http://www.floristrywarehouse.com/index.php/artificial-apple-blossom-branch-pink-1.html

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The "twig" is 120 its the flower heads that are 4 cms x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics