Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pink & glitz
Beginner August 2014

where did you buy your wedding rings from?

pink & glitz, 14 of June of 2014 at 19:54 Posted on Planning 0 20

I need to get shopping and buy our wedding rings, we both want platinum and probably a plain band each or maybe some bling in mine! Depends on the cost though. What shop did you get your rings from? How long did they take to come into the shop? X

20 replies

Latest activity by bex_boo, 16 of June of 2014 at 10:09
  • Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Mine is from Rox - https://www.rox.co.uk/ - and they had it in stock so I walked away with it on the same day.

Fiance's is from Beaverbrooks and they told us it would take 2 weeks for his size to come in, but it actually only took 4 days (ordered Sunday, collected the following Thursday).

This is mine:

This is fiance's:

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I love your ring! ,is that platinum? X

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. ? Mine's platinum, fiance's is palladium.

• Dizzycaz
    Beginner October 2014
    Dizzycaz ·
    • Hide content

Had our rings made with each other's fingerprints on as wanted something that would be unique to us, from taking our fingerprints to receiving the rings it took about 8 weeks, cost us about £900 for the two rings but they are beautiful!!! X

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I had better get a move on! Need them for the start of August at the latest. Still trying to convince other half I need bling lol!x

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

We have ordered ours direct from the manufacturer as it saved us over £200!

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    Kayleymo ·
    • Hide content

Mines from 77diamonds

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I think we're probably gonna go with alba rose as I want one shaped to fit my ER.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Ours came from Neweys in Birmingham Jewellery Quarter. I couldn't find anything on the high street that would sit right with my engagement ring. Mine is 18ct white gold with diamonds bad was £380 and OH's is palladium with a diamond and was £430 so good value. Took 2 weeks to come in to the shop.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

We got our from a guy in Hatton Gardens in London. They were custom made and be gave us a great price -more competitive than on the high street.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I just got an e-mail from Beaverbrooks saying they're starting a 50% off sale today with 3 years interest free credit. Might be worth a look for anyone who hasn't got their rings already.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from the Jewellery Quarter

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from goldsmiths because we exchanged Tesco vouchers for money off. Originally thought that would just be for h2b's and we'd go to the jewellery quarter for mine (wanted bling lol) but his wad under the voucher value and there was I liked too so did it all in one. They took just under 2 weeks to come in xx

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

Ours are from Ernest Jones. We just called in one Sunday while out shopping and there was 20% off until the next day. The rings we both chose were in the exact correct size so we took them home with us that day. Oh and they cleaned my engagement ring for free. Well chuffed.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

We had ours made by the same guy who made my engagement ring!

• SophiaKitty
    Beginner October 2014
    SophiaKitty ·
    • Hide content

Mine is from Alba Rose and made to fit my engagement ring, reasonable price and took 2 weeks to be made (as its completely from scratch its a great turnaround)

Although unfortunately it didn't fit my engagement as well as I was hoping and they are remaking it for me at no extra cost. Fantastic customer service! OH will be getting his ring from there too... when he has finally decided on a ring!

• stephjbenton90
    Beginner August 2014
    stephjbenton90 ·
    • Hide content

We had ours from Drip Gold at the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter. I had to have mine shaped around my engagement ring, so took just about 6 weeks (but that was going over all the bank holidays we had aswell!) Fiance's was ready well before that though, it was only because mine was being shaped based on a waxwork of my engagement ring. Got a really good price though, £410 for both rings (mine has bling!) and they cleaned my engagement ring too Smiley smile

Definitely worth a look at the Jewwellery Quarter, as you could save a wad of money!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Mine is by Quarterstones Jewellers, in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter. Costing me £1,200 for a stunning vine design in 18ct white gold set with 42 diamonds - about half the price I was quoted by other companies (although, admittedly, I've gone for white gold, not platinum, but even in platinum Quarterstones were £700 cheaper!).

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Tiffany's?

http://www.tiffany.co.uk/shopping/CategoryBrowse.aspx?cid=288152&mcat=148204#p+1-n+10000-c+288152-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+

They do loads of plain wedding bands to go with all different types of engagement rings. If you're near London and get to one of their stores, then call their head office and find out where they are in stock. You can gett he size adjusted, and they will always clean it and polish it for you whenever you are in town. Takes a couple of mins in their steam cleaner at Bond Street store.

Plus, who doesn't love something that comes wrapped up in that glorious blue box? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics