Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

EdenNI
Beginner December 2014

Where did you get your bridesmaid dresses?

EdenNI, 28 of May of 2014 at 21:10 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi ladies,

I'm having real trouble finding bridesmaid dresses for my sister, friend and 13 year old niece! My dress is the Jenny Packham Eden dress in platinum and is pretty vintage looking so lots of dresses look way too modern with it. Also my sister is pretty curvy and wants proper straps so nothing strapless or one shouldered. I really want her to feel comfortable so it needs to be a structured flattering dress. I wanted to get high street dresses (spent way too much on my dress lol!) but I've looked in all the usual places and can't see anything nice. I'm looking for mint, Tiffany blue or even champagne/blush.

just wondering where others got bridesmaid dresses especially online or high street stores? I've checked Coast, Monsoon, Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Frazer, Oasis, Warehouse, Asos, Very, Next, M&S, Etsy. Have spent way more time on this than getting my own dress!! About to resort to Dessy but I really resent paying that much!

Thanks xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Sazzle24, 28 of May of 2014 at 22:45
  • H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £30 each from ebay and they are gorgeous and really well made. I had to find a dress that suited a busty 33 year old who doesn't often wear dresses and wanted something fairly plain, a curvy 20 year old (who was a dream in saying she would wear whatever I put her in) and a very slim 14 year old who wanted something "blingy". And I had to make sure it wasn't too old for for the teenager.

If I hadn't found the one I did (the ONLY one out of about 30 that they were all happy with) then I would have had them in different styles. Could you do that for them? Maybe give them the budget and colour and tell them to send you pics of one they like.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

This looks really pretty and I think it is a mint colour [as best as I can tell on my laptop!]

It is currently on offer for £111.20 instead of £139 and also comes in a maxi version ;-)

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid dresses are from AX Paris - they cost between £15 and £45 as I had several different styles, and they had different amounts off in the sale!

Quiz do some nice dresses too! Both have a lot of different colours and are actually really nice quality!

I hope you find the dresses that you are after!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Oh and I've just noticed you didn't mention BHS on the list of places you had looked.

You might have already had a look but if not it's worth a shot, they have a good selection in mint...

• EdenNI
    Beginner December 2014
    EdenNI ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I forgot to mention my rather fussy sister wants full length but the full length version of this could be a winner! Thanks so much Smiley smile

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh great, i hope it suits ;-)

Quite a good bargain at the moment as well with 20% off!

https://www.jacques-vert.co.uk/

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

EBay was good. I also found missguided the KAISA dresses beautiful and cheap (they have an offer on 25% off at the moment until start of June think voucher cloud or voucher code are doing it so def worth a look. I also found DOrothy Perkins amazing for a HUGE collection of maxi dresses £20 off an £80 shop until midnight tonight. Take a look!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics