Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Trouble_gb
Beginner September 2013

Where did you get your bridesmaid dresses from?

Trouble_gb, 2 of May of 2012 at 15:51 Posted on Planning 0 50

I have 3 bridesmaids of various ages 16, 28 and 42 and I'm starting to look at Bridesmaids dresses for them.

Did you buy yours from a Bridal shop or from a high street store?

I really don't know where to start looking!

We are looking for some shade of purple but we are slightly flexible on that.

Please help!

50 replies

Latest activity by Skeptical78, 25 of April of 2013 at 13:25
  • porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from BHS online, they have 3 or 4 common styles, all available in quite a few colours. They have cadbury purplr for sure. Mine were £90 each, good quality, easy to order, try on and return what isnt needed. Take account of the reviews on their site, the one we wanted people kept saying it came up small so buy a size bigger, which we did and it fit perfectly.

• F
    Beginner September 2012
    Fawny ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've only got one adult bridesmaid & as we wanted something summery & cool as getting married abroad, we went off to one of the big shopping centres. She tried loads on but we finally went for a lovely Phase Eight dress & a fasinator that went with it.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it depends on your budget, mine are Dessy, but like others have said you can get some very good ones on the High Street. Or failing that if you know a good seamstress you could have some made.

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Debenhams for me! x

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

I was looking at about £100-£150 per BM.

I love the Dessy ones but I keep hearing they are really expensive!

• fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

My BM dresses are coming from Vivien of Holloway, in London. I love the style. If my BM hadn't also liked them we were going to check out Debenhams.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Debenhams for both bridesmaids and flowergrirls. £100each for BM £85 for FG

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from coast for my three bridesmaids who are 16,20 and 26.

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am doing Dessy buy buying from House of Brides, a US site, even if I get maximum import charge then they are still much cheaper than the UK. We have just tried on a few in shops to work out the sizing. I would have got them from a chinese one but none of them have the dresses we want yet.

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    bethbailey2b ·
    • Hide content

John lewis for me. some of the bridesmaid dresses in bridal shops were more expensive than my wedding dress!!

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let me know how that works for you! I did have a look at that option but I don't know of anyone else who has done it!

• lindsayj89
    Beginner August 2013
    lindsayj89 ·
    • Hide content

If you are on a low budget like me I'm getting my bridesmaids dresses from this website - www.dressingpod.com they have a wide range of styled dresses and in loads of colours. it is an american website though so you'll have to work it out in english pounds.

hope this helps Smiley smile

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

I got my girls maxi dresses from a shop called Quiz, they have a website aswell, they do alot of weddingy/prom style dresses and they only cost me 60 pound each and the girls love them ? xx xx

• I
    Beginner August 2012
    ILYA111002 ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from Jane Norman for 30 pound each, long purple dresses! - Bargain! Smiley smile

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Berketex bride on their 3 for 2 offer (well 3 adults and one child still have the Maid of Honour to sort).

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Mine are from Dessy. I looked at the BHS ones which I really liked but they just weren't in quite the right colour. They were good quality dresses I thought when the girls tried them on. M&S also sell BM dresses online which were good value and looked lovely but the sizing wasn't quite right so they got sent back. Worth a look.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I opted for high street as just assumed I wouldn't have been able to have afforded bridal shop prices. I was looking for long dresses that were no more than £150 each.

We ended up buying the first dress my BMs tried on (they tried on more but went back and bought the first one!) from Debenhams. They were £125 each but then the lovely woman in the shop told me if I waited they were likely to have a discount day and I ended up getting them for £87.5...if I'd held out a couple of more weeks I could have got another 10% off that again!

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

I got my bridesmaid dresses from ebay. They are BHS dresses and they were brand new with tags and half the price of BHS, bargain!

The colour matched by flowergirl dresses perfectly and the quality is really good.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

H&M, £35 each- bargain Smiley smile

The ones in bridal shops were too "weddingy" for our tatse and hugely overpriced for a dress that would never be worn again.

Tell a lie- the Little BM dress was from Monsoon and was about £70 I think, she has however worn it lots of times so I don't mind as much.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I got our dresses from Coast.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

From various stores, including Asos, ModCloth and Oasis!

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Blondie28 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I've just received my bridesmaid dresses from BHS and i love them!

Someone posted a 25% off code on here so i got two adult dresses for £120 - wasn't sure i was going to like them at first but now they're here i couldn't be more pleased.

I'm not actually getting married until November next year but thought why wait when i can get them with the discount x

• L
    Beginner January 2011
    lynd ·
    • Hide content

Mine are all Phase Eight - in their sale too so half price Smiley smile Smiley smile Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from a bridal shop and they were cheaper than some I'd seen in high street shops. Paid £100 per dress so I got them and all the girls love them! I did get a discount though as my dad and the husband of the woman who has the shop are friends.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Got mine in the last debenhams sale for £32.40 each, bargain.

When I was BM for my bestie last year, we all wore this from coast.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I got my 3 adult BM's dresses from a bridal shop Romantic of Devon Dresses £159 each + alterations. Glad I did in the end as now have 2 pregenant BM's and the shop have ordered extra material and I have now worries that they won't be able to sort it. Ok will cost extra but proberbly cheaper than having to buy 2 high street dress for each or leaving it ill the last minute. Main reason to start with was because they all have different complexions heights and sizes! Bridal shops gave me more choice on colours once we found the right dress.

Little BM's 2x5yrs and an 8 yrs all off ebay 2011 BHS dresses cost me about a £10 each all brand new. One is too big but looking at getting this altered. If not may start again as they were well under my orginal budget.

Although I think Purple is very in this year so you may be lucky on the hightstreet!

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

I got mines from the bridal shop where I got my dress. It was expensive at £197.50 a dress (they were Kelsey Rose) but I just wanted to be able to try on lots together, know they would fit and be altered correctly etc. It was gona be too much hassle looking all around the high street, getting them to agree, getting them together to go and try them, or chance it by ordering online. Basically, I paid loads more than I probably could have done because Im lazy lol x

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from fairytaledresses.co.uk.

The ladies there were REALLY helpful - I couldn't have asked for better service. I got the Alexia dress 2614 in Claret with an ivory sash. Absolutely beautiful http://www.fairytaledresses.co.uk/alexia-designs-2614

I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

• swampy1901
    Beginner August 2012
    swampy1901 ·
    • Hide content

BHS for the 3 year old and 8 year old in ivory and for the adults I got Kurt Muller Dresses from a Boundary Mill outlet in purple

http://www.kurtmuller.com/km-woman/clothing/dresses-playsuits/slinky-grecian-dress-1/

Swampy

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Ordered mine on eBay custom made. From china with my three bridesmaids being 20,25,and 28 we all loved the style and paid 62£ per BM with shipping took 8 weeks to make/arrive but were just what I wanted! Don't be afraid of chinese dressmakers on e-bay they are a bargain and better than the high street I n my opinion with much greater choice. I actually got my wedding dress from www.myweddingdressforless.co.uk and they were also fantastic - and do BM dresses too.

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Monsoon for a BM aged 10 and my adult MOH. The pageboy outfit also came from there. Good luck with your search!

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    jaxxs ·
    • Hide content

For those of you that bought the BHS ones, did you find they came up small or true to size? I have tried the Coast dressses but my size 14 bridesdmaids can get them done up but they are very tight, the size 16 swamps them and spins around so these are going back. Am going to order BHS ones and Debenhams and see if these are any better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics