Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chidders
Beginner June 2012

Where did you meet your OH?

Chidders, 27 of April of 2011 at 15:07

Posted on Planning 75

Just off the back of your first words thread, I am intrigued as to where/how you met your OH....... We met at work, worked at the same place for 6 months (not same dept though) and eventually got chatting on someone's leaving do.

Just off the back of your first words thread, I am intrigued as to where/how you met your OH.......

We met at work, worked at the same place for 6 months (not same dept though) and eventually got chatting on someone's leaving do.

75 replies

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Erm....so If I was to say that I met MrMini in the callcentre we worked in and I was his Team Manager would that be bad....!!!??

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

We met in the Teen MSN chat rooms (before they closed them down obviously!) I was 15 and OH was 16, we chatted on MSN for about 3 months, swapped numbers and spoke on the phone for another couple of months before arranging to meet up - my Mum would only let me go if she came along too, just untill she was satisfied he wasn't an axe murderer! lol

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

On social me on facebook on one of my fake profiles lol.

Bx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

On AOL Dating, in 2007.

We nearly missed out on meeting each other by a week. We had both had enough of bad luck on AOL Dating and had asked the site to cancel our profiles, without having yet come across each other's profiles. In one last search before switch off, I came across David's profile and suddenly felt drawn to him. I also noticed he lived in the area where i used to work so i knew the area well. His pic looked as if he needed a hug so I thought I'd "wink" at him. He replied, telling me his profile was to be switched off that same week and offering me his email address if I wanted to chat on MSN. I did. We arranged a lunch date at Tiger Tiger in Leeds a couple of weeks later, on 6th November 2007. The rest, as they say, is history...

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

We're another Match.com couple. We've been together since Feb09

• MrsLJR
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsLJR ·
    • Hide content

We met at school when we were 11, went out a few times when 15. Went our separate ways when we left school!

Fast forward 6 years and I was out walking the dog when a car drove past and beeped the horn he stopped and didn't even realise it was me (i had changed a lot since school).

We exchanged numbers and a couple of days later we went out and have been together ever since! ?

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

NOOOO! REALLY??? And I was going to delete my post "in case tinks sees it and I ruin my posh lady image" LOOOOL!!! You didn't meet Lord Tinks in the Royal Enclosure, during The Ladies' Day at Ascot??? Oh, how shocking! At least through Debretts Dating??

?

xxx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It happens!

I went out with a guy in my team at work in between my divorce and meeting OH! Even worse, I think now, was the fact that I was 34 and he was 23!!! ? And no, it wasn't a "divorced woman gets a toyboy" thing either. we used to have long chats about politics, society today, books, all sorts. We didn't however get "together" until after he left the department on a secondment and as soon as he told me he fancied me and asked me out, I requested to be moved back to manage my old team (I was only managing his team whilst his manager was on long term sick) so there wouldn't be any conflict of interest!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

HAHAHA damn I was hopping you hadnt seen that lol. Thought i had got away with it! All I can say is that I like to try to stay well grounded and not take my vast wealth and privilege for granted by occasionally visiting social networking sites. That and I find it very useful for keeping track of ones chums when they are off galevanting first class all around the world he he

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're a treasure!! ? ?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We met on a Cruise Ship. I was on a short cruise with my friend. Whilst waiting for a long time with my friend trying to order a drink he took pity on us and got us our drinks. He was on business on board from Australia and I would never in a million years believe I would end up in a relationship with him let alone marrying him as that is a serious long distance between the two of us! But we got there ?

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lillienmark2013 ·
    • Hide content

My brothers best mate x

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

At school aged 11placed into the same tutor group ? 11 years later been together 7 years and getting married next July ?

• J
    Beginner August 2012
    jo1029 ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear that makes me bad lol

met at work he was my team leader, i did move sections though he he x

• Marmabride
    Beginner
    Marmabride ·
    • Hide content

I was in a night club drunk when I fell down some stairs, Kev picked me up at the bottom! That was 5 years ago!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Mine is funny...At work, worked on the same team and got together at xmas do, managed to keep it secret for a while UNTILL I had been emailing my mate ALL day (long email) all about us getting it on, where the relationship was going, how much I liked him, what dates we had been on etc etc. She then sent me what I thought was a seperate email, asking me to send round an advert for her car she was selling, which I forwarded to the ENTIRE department (OH included) it turned out I had sent the whole days conversation she had just added the attatchment at the top!! Whoooops!!!!! I actually crawled under my desk squealing, I wanted to die from cringing embarrassment. Cue loads of different work mates running into my office "wit wooing", and many smart arse "reply to alls" on the email which went on all day! We had the "serious relationship chat" soon after and here we are 5 years later. We had to move teams though.?

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Facebook lol!

We knew each other from school but reunited 20 years later via facebook (a few of us all met up) and the rest is history...... x

• hannioli
    Beginner April 2012
    hannioli ·
    • Hide content

First "met" on a forum for classic minis, we had mutual friends through that interest and he offered me a lift to one of the shows and the rest is history as they say ?

We've been to that show every year since, got engaged after 3 years together, a year ago at the show and we're going again on Friday! Will be missing it next year though as we should be on our honeymoon! ?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I met OH in a techno club,we had mutual friends and he had previously shared a flat with the girl i was out with. He had seen me before when i was working on the till of another club but i don't remember him lol.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We met on a student forum while we were both at uni - we disagreed with each other on there a lot! We actually got together at a big meet-up for that forum, where a whole bunch of people ended up getting very drunk in his uni room. We were long distance for 2 1/2 years as I had to finish uni while he moved to London to work, but moved in together once I graduated.

My friends still don't know we actually met "on the internet" though.?

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

We met on Facebook's "Zoosk" site! We chatted online for two weeks, then a couple of times on the phone before he traveled for three hours to come and meet me when I was on holiday in North Wales! I had to tell my parents that he was a colleague from another branch at work so they weren't worried about me meeting a random stranger! Two weeks after that he traveled 7 hours to come and see me for the weekend, we dated "long distance" for 8 months before making the decision for him to move in with me and we haven't looked back since! OH said I was the best thing to come out of Facebook and he hasn't been on it since! x

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow this is what a good rom com is made of, bootiful! X

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I met my oh ina pub on a night out with the girls.. i had drunk bottle of wine for tea lol- then went back to his mates house the same night- went home next day feeling very hunover texted him to apologise for my behaviour cos i never do stuff like that- and yesterday was our 3 yr anniversary and as rachb told me 27 weeks to go waaaaa!!!!

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

At school, about 16years ago Smiley smile grew up together through school and then got together in high school 8years ago Smiley smile

• Poppyseed
    Beginner July 2012
    Poppyseed ·
    • Hide content

I'm another Dating Direct Bride, met about 3 and a half years ago, now getting married next year. OH is always saying he is going to ask DD for his money back as he got a bum deal, me!! he's only joking i hope?

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

I met my other on a dating website called Plenty of fish!! I'm suprised by how may internet bride to be there are.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

We met at work, I'd been there for approx 8mths on a 1 year contract, and OH started as part of "New Deal" on a 6mth contract in 2002.

We didn't hit it off, but both our contracts were extended and we became friends in 2003 and started going out in 2004.

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

At work, we both used to work at the Sainsbury's cafe and we met in wash up (the room with the giant dishwasher). I was 16 wearing steel toe capped shoes, a net hat and stinking of fried food. Apparently things like that don't put him off! Been together 7 and a half years ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I met mine in the pub where I was singing.

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content

I met mine on a night out in a pub, the friend i was with used to go to school with him and they got chatting and she introduced us.

He kissed my hand and said nice to meet you and then said 'so, did you lose the other half of your skirt?' haha the cheek it wasnt even that short but it did make me laugh!! Smiley smile

x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

We met in halls on our first day at universary ?

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm intrigued....!!! xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics