Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2012

where is the best place to buy artificial flowers?

ames2uk, 3 September, 2011 at 16:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm umming and arrghing about having some silk flower decorations for our reception next June. I figured that it would be cheaper if i do it myself - where is the best place to buy things from?

Has anyone done it themselves before?

6 replies

Latest activity by ames2uk, 3 September, 2011 at 18:28
  • greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

I think I am going to get them from New Covent Garden Flower Market in Vauxhall London. Great range of quality artificial flowers there. They are meant to be wholesale prices, though they seemed quite steep to me. Probably London prices.

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

do they have a website? Ideally, i'd rather not trapse to london if i can help it

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

The whole market has a website but I can 't remember which wholesaler it is within the market which does the artificial flowers. As they are wholesale I very much doubt they would allow you to order and deliver. There must be other wholesale markets around I would imagine - I would also rather not trapse to london or pay the inflated prices that it brings with it!! If I find any I'll let you know. Where are you based? There are various websites you can order from but I prefer to see what I am buying as the quality is very variable!

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content

I'm based in Ipswich.

I had a few looks on Ebay but wasn't sure on good sellers - like you say, how do you tell good quality?

i've never actually done flower arranging before, but i figured if i found the designs i liked, i could just copy the pictures! I'm going for something simple and informal i think....

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

Just found one in Leeds - no good for you in Ipswich!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few places for you that sell to the public:

https://www.britanniadirect.org.uk/acatalog/Artificial_Flowers.html

https://www.gtdecorations.com/

http://www.carnmeal.com/subcat/11/artificial-flowers-paper-flowers

If you can't find any specific flowers give me a shout & I can source them for you.

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie!

My colours are red and white, so i've just ordered some red ranunculus to mix in with some white calla lillies and some foliage, which i'm planning to wrap in some red and white organza fabric before popping into a square vase. Fingers crossed it looks ok!

I will make my 'a' grade in GSCE art work for me!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics