Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HLT
Beginner August 2012

Where to buy a kilt?

HLT, 7 March, 2012 at 23:22 Posted on Planning 0 7

Other than Scotland?!

OH usually hires his kilt for formal occasions but always said he'd buy his own for his wedding, and then he'd have his own for future occasions. The problem being, we live in the South (Bath) and it would appear (I think) that you can only buy kilts in Scotland. We hadn't planned to go back to Scotland this side of the wedding but perhaps we will have to? He really wants to go to a proper shop and try on different variations of the outfit so ordering online and getting it delivered isn't ideal.

Can anyone here offer a solution?!

7 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 18 April, 2013 at 13:21
  • L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

I know slaters sell the as well as rent them out! I was in Glasgow at the weekend and there were loads of shops! I know it's very expensive as my FIL bought my BIL his kilt just the kilt was about 500 pound ! X

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Brilliant. Thanks so much, I was starting to worry! Our nearest is still some 40 miles but closer than Glasgow so hopefully we can check them out at the weekend!

Thanks again, Helen

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Make sure you go early to order it because it can take a long time to order in certain tartans.

The price is determined by the weight of the tartan, so you can get a full kilt outfit for £600 in some places but can be more if you want a heavy material or an unusual tartan.

Be ready to bargain with them if you are planning on renting some too!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This store in Glasgow do mail order but they also do fittings in London too:

http://www.geoffreykilts.co.uk/index.html

HTH!

• dunikowski
    dunikowski ·
    • Hide content

I got my kilts and accessories from http://www.HeritageOfScotland.com - I was quite on a budget and was little afraid, but the items were very good quality.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Subtle.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

???

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

sad thing is, i think I know that venue, I think it might be Hopetoun near Edinburgh - not that I viewed EVERY DARNED VENUE FROM THE BORDERS TO THE HEBRIDES OR ANYTHING.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics