Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2014

Where to buy a veil from?

Natalielousie, 30 of April of 2014 at 00:54 Posted on Planning 0 11

I am hoping some of you may know where to buy a veil from...apart from wedding dress shops as I have been told they take 2-3months to come in once ordered!

I am having my hair trial in a few weeks and was hoping to have my veil and hair comb for it.

Any ideas or where you can just buy on 'of the shelf' ?!

I am based in West London/Essex but I was wondering if any of the high street stores do them?

Thanks ?

11 replies

Latest activity by Sarah MC1, 30 of April of 2014 at 13:38
  • J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

No idea I'm afraid, but I'm interested to know too so will follow this!

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about high street stores but you can buy them on etsy if that's any help. I got mine from a seller on there and was very happy. Might be worth a look. Smiley smile

• BeccaM2b83
    Beginner December 2015
    BeccaM2b83 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest etsy. There are loads of sellers and choice

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If I was getting married my first choice would be an Emmerling veil. They are beautiful, so fine and light. The camera can easily "see" you through them.

I photographed a wedding a couple of years ago where the bride wore her grandmothers veil. It wasn't really sheer enough and she might as well have worn a white burkha! She kept the veil down until "the kiss" and you can't see her face on the pictures!

You can buy Emmerling from most good bridal stores. They are fairly expensive but are family heirloom quality. Your daughter might not fit into your wedding dress but she will fit into your Emmerling veil and it will still look amazing!

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from a local wedding fair. Might be worth seeing if there is any on around you xx

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

Some high street stores have veils, either online or instore (I think) - Debenhams or BHS spring to mind. I don't think they have a huge range though.

• N
    Beginner July 2014
    Natalielousie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies for all of your responses!! I will be looking into those options!! ?

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I've bought veils from ebay really cheaply, last one is cathedral length and cost me £7 but it is very simple and light

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Holster86 ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from Phase Eight - amazing value but it is long!

Ordered through John Lewis and got free next day delivery to Waitrose - excellent service!

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sarah MC1 ·
    • Hide content

I found mine at a wedding fair but it was ages before I did. Ebay have plenty though! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics