Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ButtercupSoph
Beginner June 2012

Where to buy cheap sweets for Sweetie Table?

ButtercupSoph, 28 August, 2011 at 13:02 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hey Hitchers!

I want a sweetie table at our reception, but am looking for cheap sweets as the cost will come out of my own money and not the wedding budget, so want to keep it as cheap as possible. I've already bought the jars and bags, so just the sweets to buy!

Anyone got any ideas?

I've tried A Quarter Of, and it adds up to too much.

I need sweets for approx 100 guests.

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaLou87, 28 August, 2011 at 17:03
  • Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi I think your best bet is costco or mackro. I know you need a card but heard its quite easy to sign up for one. Failing that my local shopkeeper I have known years was more than happy to get me everything from wholesalers when he goes. Might be worth asking xxxxxxxxxxxx

• F
    Beginner August 2012
    furture mrs yates ·
    • Hide content

I was going to look at getting mine from costco or perfects. My friend told me to look in B&M as they some times have some.

• S
    Beginner December 2012
    Sarah-Jayne x ·
    • Hide content

Local wholesalers! For sweet buffets I provide I use a mixture of local wholesale sweet shops, Makro, Costco and online - chocolatebuttons.co.uk

• H
    Beginner November 2011
    HannahB2B ·
    • Hide content

I've found the pound shop and the 99p shop brilliant for cheap sweets.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked into local cash and carry places like bookers, jones's are a couple in my area even if you dont have a card someone you know might they are really cheap there i bought loads for my sone birthday party which really didnt cost much, i want a sweet table too but my h2b isnt keen so also said i have to pay for it personally bet he munches them on the day though lol, hope you find some good luck x

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Haribos are half price in asda's- and the haribos teddys are only 46p in home bargains? i put some in a jar earlier cos wasnt sure how many bags per jar were needed- and i used 5 in one small jar- so need to buy a heeluva stash of them

• N
    Beginner April 2012
    Natjay ·
    • Hide content

I have found that www.chocolatebuttons.co.uk are very good its like a wholesalers but you dont need a card for just payment

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS. The 99p shop is great for sweets. We went to Makro, but I think the 99p tore would have been much cheaper! We did buy a few things from there though and I think it was really good value!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics