Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Where to do a wedding website?

mummymrs2b, 31 March, 2012 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm just designing my save the dates to send, but wanted to set up a wedding website to include on the save the date. This way I dont need to include all the details but for the family that want to look and maybe organise accommodation they can see the info on the wedding website... Which one did you use? X

5 replies

Latest activity by Soulmates, 1 April, 2012 at 00:51
  • PurpleStar
    Rockstar May 2022
    PurpleStar ·
    • Hide content

I've used www.gettingmarried.co.uk as have several other people i've seen on hitched - hope that helps Smiley smile

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Probably a silly question but have you password protected it? I'm not sure what to do as I don't want everyone being able to see it incase someone cancels anything as its happened to one lady on here, but obviously need guests to be able to see it! X

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for gettingmarried.co.uk

Yes you can and should password protect, you can either do the whole site, or just specific pages. Personally I've done the whole site. It's amazing how many you come across that aren't protected - a quick google search and you'll find loads. Quite handy for getting ideas for your own site but the thought of random people looking at mine makes me a bit ewww.

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

We´ve used Wedding Window. You have to pay for it but personally I think it looks a lot more professional than some of the free sites. It´s also full customisable (is that a word!?) and you can add as many custom pages as you want. That was important for us as the site needs to be in 2 languages which wouldn´t have worked with some of the others where the pages are pre-set.

You can trial it for free for a week too.

Plus I´ve heard stories about some of the free ones being taken offline which worried me a lot.

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

We used gettingmarried.co.uk it was sooooo easy to do except getting oh to do his bits! Lol! I really like can be password protected too

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

We've used gettingmarried too, password protected aswell, we looked at a few and these seemed the best x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics