Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2003

where to get wardrobes now MFI gone?

SabrinaSpellman, 25 of February of 2009 at 11:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

Hi all

im looking to buy some wardrobes and a dressing table etc... but where to go now that MFI has gone!!! please advise maybe show me yours!!!

thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by EntertainersWorldwide, 18 of June of 2018 at 15:01
  • Platty
    Beginner November 2007
    Platty ·
    • Hide content

Ikea, Homebase and B&Q?

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Habitat, argos, tesco direct (although this is the same as homebase for furniture)

If you want something longer lasting have you looked into getting them built by a tradesman...MY OH suddenly building loads of bespoke wardrobes at the moment

• C
    Beginner July 2008
    choicey ·
    • Hide content

Magnet? If they are still trading.

• amandam
    Beginner March 2005
    amandam ·
    • Hide content

At one end of the scale you have Tesco Direct, Asda Direct, B&Q, Homebase then Ikea and then going up to Sharps Bedrooms (£2000+!!!)

We've got this problem as well ?

• Melawen
    Beginner January 2007
    Melawen ·
    • Hide content

MFI is now available again on line - the guy behind the Range bought all the stock - for something like £2million - dread to think it's true value. Don't know the website but I'm sure it's easy to find on google.

• amandam
    Beginner March 2005
    amandam ·
    • Hide content

You can buy the mfi stock in the old stores (www.mfistock.co.uk) - but its all flatpacked in the boxes so you need to have a good idea of what you want before you go!

• A
    anna belle ·
    • Hide content

I just bought this one: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20093060/ - feels like a lot of wardrobe for the money. It has a double wardrobe (with shelf) then the 3rd door contains several deep shelves. Plus it has 2 draws. I seem to have fitted a lot in it and it doesn't even look full!

• S
    Beginner November 2003
    SabrinaSpellman ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

thanks for the replies!!

went to Ikea yesterday and have fallen in love with their PAX range.....massive double mirrored wardrobe around £200..... i love it!! i then went in to Next and had a look at theirs and they looked very flimsey in comparison!!

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I bought two PAX wardrobes from Ikea last summer and I can't recommend them enough. I've got a double and a single wardrobe and I was able to choose what fittings I wanted in them. I've got the jewelry drawers which are great and loads of hanging space now.

• H
    HappyBlueHair8185 ·
    • Hide content

I know I'm late with my answer but maybe somebody will be searching for information just like you did. I would recommend shopping in kinder-meubels24 when you are looking for wardrobes, tables or bed. Smiley smile

• E
    South West London
    EntertainersWorldwide ·
    • Hide content

When we started a new home we picked up a couple of lovely wardrobes on freecycle - depends on your area how busy the boards get - and top tip - hire a van!

• E
    South West London
    EntertainersWorldwide ·
    • Hide content

Try Freecycle - often has lots of large furniture items up on offer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics