Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

eeyoring
Beginner June 2012

where to order my plain iced sponge cake tiers? Please help

eeyoring, 7 of April of 2012 at 00:48 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone,

There has been much talk of ordering plain iced tiers of sponge cake from supermarkets. I believed I could do this at M and S, Tesco, Waitrose etc.

Now it actually comes to do it Im having a nightmare trying to find anyone that does the 3 different sized tiers in sponge cake in either a square or round shape.

Surely this is a really common order. Why am I having such problems?

On the M&S website I can only find the cutting bar or ways to order pre-decorated ones. And the other shops I cant find anything in plain white iced sponge at all - let alone a way of ordering to ensure its ready when I need it.

I did a trial run with an ASDA photo cake. The cake tasted great but its a rectangle and only in one size and of course could quite easily be out of stock the day I need it.

Please can anyone help me? ?

7 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGreenStationery58, 19 of January of 2014 at 11:37
  • eeyoring
    Beginner June 2012
    eeyoring ·
    • Hide content

Okay so Ive now found the link for M&S and Waitrose.

M&S is coming in at £90 for 3 tiers seperate with no pillars

Waitrose is coming in at £200 for 3 tiers pre-stacked.

This is way more than Id budgeted. I thought I could get them from Tesco and do the 3 tiers for around £50.

If anyone knows if I can do this please do let me know!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

The only thing I can think of is, do you have a little bakery near you that could do it? Where I grew up my mum always used to get my birthday cakes from a nice little independent bakery and they did any design she asked for but also just had plain iced sponge cakes too.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Same as Nicalf08, a small bakers may be able to do it.

We have a package for our wedding and the cake is included the supplier of there cakes is a local family run bakery, there cakes are fantastic and very reasonable. I thought we would end up paying extra for what we are having but this was not the case. It's worth a try!

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

I think even greggs used to make cakes for celebrations - not sure if they still do?

I'm sure in Tesco/Asda I've seen a couple of different sized cakes, but think they might have been fruit?

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

M&S often do 3 for 2 on their individual tiers, this would bring it down a little.

Otherwise, try a local cakemaker - if you just want plain white cakes, don't mention the W word!

• E
    Beginner September 2014
    ExpensiveGreenStationery58 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I'm wanting to do exactly the same and previously saw the M and S link but can't find it now. Could you please forward it to me. I think the bakery idea visa good one however I'm sure I actually saw the same thing in asda but can't seem to find that too. Might be worth phoning their customer service line. They might actually do a bespoke order for u.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics