G
Beginner May 2022 Devon

Where to start!?!

Genevieve, 13 September 2021 at 21:21 Posted on Planning 0 2
Saved
Hello all! I’m just embarking on planning our wedding. It’s just so daunting and there’s so much to do. I’ve spoken to a few venues, they have availability now 6 months, can you actually organise a wedding in that amount of time? Or should I select a date that feels more manageable in 2023? Help!

2 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 18 September 2021 at 07:48
  • Charlotte
    Rockstar April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·

We got engaged in May this year and our wedding is booked for April 2022. as we didnt want to wait another year I had most of it booked within 3 weeks, it is absolutely doable you just need to be organized and line up your suppliers. The main thing is venue and caterer if needed, photographer and Make up artist. If you pick a date with the venue ask them to hold it to give you time to book in your other services but also ensure the registrar is available as without them you cant legally get married. Once all firmed up book in and then you can do all the little bits. Start dress shopping ASAP as some can take several months to come in at boutiques, or try Wed2Be as you take it on the day. Have a spreadsheet with all the things you will need to organize such as favours, cars, flowers, cake etc and use colour codes to tick off when done, but also add in your budget and costs so you don't lose control of the spend. If you want any help or advice feel free to message me. Good luck X

• Hayley
    Dedicated September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley Online ·
    We got engaged in February. Although our wedding isn't until next September, we had the main things booked in a month. If you can afford it in 6 months time and have found a venue you love, go for it. Once you've booked the venue, I'd get save the dates out ASAP or even send invites straight away if you know who you'd like to invite. Good luck and enjoy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics