Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2024 Flintshire

Where to start!

Rebecca, 29 of September of 2021 at 08:48 Posted on Planning 1 6
Me qnd my fiancé have been engaged nearly 2 years, we've decided to start planning our wedding now. My question is where do I start?! I have a meeting this Saturday at 10:00 for a venue viewing and hoping to set out date there. We're setting our wedding date for the 24th August 2024 x

6 replies

Latest activity by Jessica, 30 of September of 2021 at 22:34
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Congrats on getting started! It can be daunting but the main think is to set your budget and research options you can afford, you don't want to look at things you can't afford only to be disappointed later. Look at a few different types of venues and also consider the logistics for your guests in terms of travel to venue and hotels nearby. Once you have your venue selected book your registrar first to make sure they have someone available on your date most venues will give you a week or so to be able to check that first before having to sign a contract and then you won't be left with venue and no registrar. Once the Venue is booked you should really try and book things like photographers, hair and make-up, cars and caterers if needed, at the same time to ensure you secure your date. Just remember that all of these will want deposits upfront so you need to make sure you do have some cash in the bank ready as a lot of them won't take credit cards. Hope that helps, if you need advice them message me anytime x
  • R
    Beginner August 2024 Flintshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou so much this was really helpful xxx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are welcome, good lick and have fun planning!
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! We started with a vague guest list so we had an idea of numbers and then sorted the venue (which includes catering). Next we sorted all the things that need a person to actually be there - registrar, photographer, band etc. Stuff like decoration, clothes, flowers etc came later.

It helps to have an idea of what is important to each of you so you can prioritise - especially if budget is tight. Eg do you want a £2k-£3k dress or a more expensive photographer/videographer.
    Sounds like you’ve got plenty of time - take your time to book things you want and have fun with the planning!
  • R
    Beginner March 2024 Durham
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content
    We have just booked ours for March 2024 so we have plenty of time to book and save. Look at a few different styles of venues eg. Stately homes, barns so you know what you want for your day. And don’t overspend on the venue as it will eat into your budget and most of the time the finer littler details are the most noticed x
  • Jessica
    Beginner December 2021 Northamptonshire
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    First things first, set a budget and make sure you know your top requirements.

We decided our non-negotiables, and our budget before looking; it’s set a good outline for planning.
    The budget we set (& I set for any events I plan corporately) is as itemised and broken down as possible to avoided increase/decreases, we’ve not altered by more than a couple of hundred or so and it’s made it so much easier as a planning tool.
    Enjoy planning and congratulations xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics