Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Joscelyne To Be!
Beginner May 2025 Essex

Where to start??!

Mrs Joscelyne To Be!, 5 January, 2012 at 15:05 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi Ladies!

I'm getting married in October 2013 ?

I am going to two wedding fayres this month and the London ExCel Wedding Show in February. I'm so excited!

As for the wedding itself....no idea where to start!

7 replies

Latest activity by Trouble_gb, 5 January, 2012 at 17:09
  • M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs Brown,

Congratulations to you. If you have a look in the members section on here there is a to do list that will come in very handy and you can adapt it to your needs. I was a little like you but once we had secured our church and reception I then did my own to do list in excel that doubled as a budget planner too. Once you get started its really easy and things all fall into place nicely x

• Mrs Joscelyne To Be!
    Beginner May 2025 Essex
    Mrs Joscelyne To Be! ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

I think the main advice would be start looking at Venues. Once you've found one available, then you'll need to sort out the ceremony and book that (Church or Registrar). Most venues will help you, and you'll find Hitched a great resource.

With these in hand, you can start on other suppliers - you may have strong preferences; ie want a specific supplier so start making enquiries as soon as you have the Venue and Ceremony sorted.

Some people have found that registars won't allow you book more than 1 yr in advance.

I would say that its worth checking out a few suppliers for each service. You'll get recommendations, and the venue may also have their own "prefered" suppliers, but its always worth researching on your own for comparision.

• Mrs Joscelyne To Be!
    Beginner May 2025 Essex
    Mrs Joscelyne To Be! ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

The date dependent suppliers are what you need to be cracking on with first. Venue (ceremony & reception) and the photographer would be at the top of my list. Also might be an idea to get in touch with the registrars if you are having a civil ceremony to ensure that your date is available.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Hiiii and welcome to Hitched! ?

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsBrowntobe,

I'm in the same boat as you!

We got engaged on NYE 2011 and so far have decided 2013.

I have no idea where to start and I guess I first decision should be whether we want a church wedding or not.

Wishing you all the best with your planning!

Suz

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics