Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Where to stay night of the wedding

Sarah, 21 of April of 2022 at 15:02 Posted on Planning 0 1

We booked my dream venue, It's a dream for many reasons however one downside is that the venue does not have rooms to stay in not even for the bride & groom.

My partner is staying at his mums house (10 min drive away) the night before and I am staying at home with my two step daughters (10 min drive away) We are struggling with finding anywhere half decent or reasonable for just 1 night after the wedding. We are getting married on a Saturday in June most of the hotels around Worcester are £165 per night unless we stay somewhere a bit naff or corporate. I'm also trying to consider the fact we won't be getting there until nearly midnight and how far away it is and logistics of getting there.

I found a lovely place only 2 miles away from the venue where you have your own wooden hut with metal rolled top bath, honestly it's so cosy looking and right up our street and lovely but £195 per night which I was ok with as it's more special than just a hotel room and is very close to get to. They have even agreed my partner can go at 10.30am to check in and leave our bags there early as check in isn't until 2pm which is no good obviously.

Now this early check in has been confirmed they have told me that June dates require a 2 night minimum stay... Smiley sad We don't need the room the night before the wedding nor 2 nights after as we leave for our honeymoon on the Sunday and I can't justify spending another £390 for somewhere we will only be in from midnight to 10am!

Back to drawing board I go. Smiley atonished

1 replies

Latest activity by Pauljames78, 22 of April of 2022 at 23:56
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Me and my partner were getting married end of November had it all sort of planned out, but due to extremely close family members fallen ill, we've decided to bring it forward, to July. After loosing deposits and having to rearrange everything, we now don't have anywhere for our wedding night either, and our honeymoon we cannot change so our honeymoon is end November. My partner is searching all over for somewhere a few nights break but they're either fully booked or rather expensive for what you're paying for.
    Is there not another couple that could stay the Sunday night?
    I know at my hub's cousin wedding. They were in same situation, so they booked three nights, bride and groom stayed first night asked for room to cleaned and freshened up, and they gifted the two other nights to close friends who'd just got engaged the week before.Best wishes planning xxx
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Sarah, I'm sure we will find somewhere.
    It was just an idea for you. I'm glad you may have found somewhere that would be suitable. I'm sure alot of venues are quite flexible when it's a wedding involved such as early check ins etc.
    You'll have to let me know how you get on.Best of luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics