Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Where to stop with guests

Hayley, 19 of December of 2021 at 14:36 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 8
We are undecided whether to invite colleagues to the evening. I think for my work it would end up being an extra 25ish people as I'm not sure how to choose between them. My partner was talking about sending out a general invite at his work, but he's now changed jobs and not sure. We have about 45 days guests and 85 total for the evening without work colleagues. What's everyone else doing about this? Have you had to choose between colleagues? Thanks.

8 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 22 of December of 2021 at 05:56
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Unless you and H2B have close relationship with a particular colleague in that you see them out of work, I would personally only have them for the evening. For me the day is about the people who have been part of your relationship and are close to you both, then the evening is where you open it up to other friends and colleagues
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. It's more a choice of evening or no invite really.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah OK I see now. Well I guess it is down to if you can afford to add them and accommodate, if yes then invite them all. I changed jobs 6 months ago and H2B 2 months ago so we will wait till 3 months before to see who we really would like and then go from there
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I am wondering about waiting too. Are you sending different invites for work people or sending all invites at 3 months? We'd like to send our invites in Jan/Feb for our September wedding.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our main invites have gone out this month, 5 months ahead and then our eve ones will go in Feb for end of Ap wedding. We have had a couple of declines so we have pushed a few guests up to day list and sent invites out now. If you are doing your own catering you can send them all 3 months before I would say, ours went earlier purley as we have to give venue our numbers 5 weeks before. For September wedding I wouldn't send invites before May, people don't reply as they think they have loads of time so wait till nearer the date. If you wait till May time you will probably be able to make a decision on work people more clearly
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    We have only gone for colleagues which we see (or one of us sees) outside of work excluding general work socials, even for the evening. Personal choice of course, but if we wouldn't go for a drink unprompted with them usually, I don't see why they would be invited to our special day.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a very good point. I always feel awkward if we go out with some of work and not the rest though so worried this will happen. Only been out with two groups at work, once each. We shall see.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics