Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yes2011
Beginner

Where to write exact names on invite

yes2011, 11 of March of 2011 at 19:07 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

I looked at some wedding invitations and styles online. I'm not entirely sure where exactly to write the exact names of people invited. By that I mean e.g. Maria Smith and Tom Smith, for example. I want to make sure that the guests know how many people (their kid, their boyfriend, or no plus-one) they can bring. Should we write it above the invitation text like Dear Thomas and Nina, you are cordially invited... (on the templates online there are no names above that text).

Would it be enough/better to write it on the outside envelope only? Then we would have to address the letter to several people or write Maria Smith (and Tom ... if he doesn't live at the same place)... On the card we wanted to write on the cover "Wedding 2011 and our names), and in the inside the invite text and our signature.

Any tips and flashes are much appreciated Smiley smile

Anja

7 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 19 of February of 2024 at 18:06
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I had this problem but I didnt want to hand write all the invites so I did the invites with no name i.e. We invite you to join us bla bla bla...and just on the envelope put who is invited. It gets tricky when you have to post them but we worked it out ok e.g. Mr & Mrs X and Miss X.

If you want it on the actual invites I would put something like: X and Y invite NAME to join them at their marriage bla bla bla.

HTH

xxx

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I wanted names on the actual invitation as I have heard some horror stories of guests chucking the envelope, not remembering who is invited and then just assuming "oh the kids are invited" or whatever when they weren't. If you are doing separate RSVP cards, it's less of an issue as you can also write the names on there, but even then the guests don't keep those and might forget who specifically was named. I thought it easier to just avoid the whole issue, and had our guests' names printed on the invitation (Miss X and Mr Y would like to invite Guest Name to celebrate...).

I have seen some people just handwrite the guests' names in the top right-hand corner. This can look nice if you have good handwriting/the style of the invitation 'matches', or it could look a bit amateur.

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Guest names are usually printed/written on invitations like this:

Jayne & Wayne

would like to invite

DANIELLE, JAMES & ANNIE

to join them at their wedding

at The Parish Church, Wrexham

on Saturday 12th March 2011

at 12.30pm

and to the reception afterwards

at The Wynnstay Hotel

HTH

Jayne

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Woo i live 10mins from wrexham hehe

im just writing the names on the invites 'jenny and adam' etc

then the full name (with surname) will be on the envelope

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

cool ?

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

• yes2011
    Beginner
    yes2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies. I just sent out the invites today, and we decided to have the names handwritten on the top of the card with a printed text below. My fiance preferred that and I agree that it's a nice touch. Although it took me 4 hours to write all the names (on people from my side, he still has to do his job). Thanks all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics