Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RomanticBlueCakes20979
Beginner June 2022 Hertfordshire

Which bits shall I arrange near home and which near venue?

RomanticBlueCakes20979, 24 of February of 2020 at 11:56 Posted on Planning 0

Hi everyone!

This is my first blog post - I got engaged last week and we're both already very excited and getting a bit carried away with the planning.

We live in London but have decided to get married in York where we met. We have found a few venues we're interested in but nothing booked yet, and I was just thinking about filtering our search for different suppliers by region.

I would think that getting a dress from near where I live would be most sensible as I'll need to go for a few fittings, while a York based photographer should presumably be hired. I was wondering if you had any advice on all the other people that'll need to be involved in the big day - from flowers and hair to decor and entertainment.

Most are pretty obvious I guess, but would be good to get your opinions, advice and experience. We don't want to trek up to York too many times because we're busy and don't have that much money to throw about on train fares. Plus, if you have any recommendations I'd hugely welcome them!

Thanks!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree it's sensible to get the dress locally as you'll probably need more than one fitting. But I'd look to get photographer/florist/hair & makeup booked locally, as it could work out very expensive to pay for their travel costs from London to York!

You should be able to do most of the planning via email or telephone. Photographers - website should tell you if you like their style and you should be able to get a good feel for how you would relate to them by chatting over the phone. Same with florists etc. Maybe you could go up for a couple of days and meet with your chosen suppliers all in one go, just to double-check you are happy with them?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics