Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2017

Which dress??

HappyRedStationery700, 16 of February of 2017 at 12:14 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi. Which dress out of these two do you guys think is best? We're having a Church wedding, but the reception is more of a garden party style with afternoon tea and giant games etc, and is quite a small do with only 40 day guests and 20 more arriving for the evening. I bought the second dress, but I'm not sure now whether the first one would be better for a more informal wedding? ? We're having our little boy Christened at the same time, so it's very much a family celebration rather than ONLY being about the wedding xx

12 replies

Latest activity by 2BMrsC, 19 of February of 2017 at 21:15
  • F
    Beginner August 2017
    funnygirlthatbelle ·
    • Hide content

I think the second one is gorgeous - you only get married once (hopefully!) so what better excuse to look like a princess! Wheres the first dress from? Reason I ask is that I love the shoes she's wearing Smiley smile

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the second one it;s gorgeous! xx

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

They are both lovely. I think the 2nd one was the right choice.

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

That's ok then! I just wasn't sure if it was a bit fancy for such a downsized wedding lol I need alterations on it so didn't want to be paying for alterations and then doubting my choice after spending the extra money lol Thanks ☺ xx

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and first dress is from Chi Chi London xx

• B
    Beginner February 2018
    bethany.pembrook ·
    • Hide content

I think the second one for sure. The first one is lovely but doesn't feel special enough for me!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Both of them are beautiful - at a push I'd say it's your wedding day, go for number 2! But I have dress envy over number 1, it's cute!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I agree. Number 1 is cute but number 2 is a wedding dress. And it seems still a wedding. Number 2 is stunning I love it.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Number 2. It may not be only about your wedding bit it's still your wedding, you should feel and look beautiful and if you bought number 2 first then it's probably the one you want. :-)

I tried on loads of dresses, bought the first one I tried on...

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

Think I'll stick with number two then - thanks! I may treat myself to number one as well as we're having a little party a few weeks later to celebrate with those we couldn't invite to the actual ceremony and reception. I feel as though I like it too much to not have it at all haha ? xx

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

I think if you've got another celebration later on then you could be justified in getting both! Go for it Smiley smile

I got my bridesmaid dresses from Chi Chi London and ended up buying 2 for myself as well, oops. They were in the sale so what could I do?

Has dress number 2 arrived with you yet? I've seen LightintheBox before but I was always a bit unsure of it.

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

There are loads on Chi Chi London I could easily end up buying myself - if I had the money to splurge ?? I've been trying to prompt my bridesmaid to pick one off there - keep sending her pics of the ones I like but she still keeps looking elsewhere ??

I've had the second dress for a while now. I actually saw it on LightintheBox and loved it, but didn't dare order it as I was the same as you. I then saw it on preloved, having been used for a photo shoot, and asked for some more pictures of it. Other than being too long, it's a beautiful dress and really does look the same as advertised. My sister in law got her dress from LightintheBox too, and again it was a little too big, but after some alterations it was perfect ? xx

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

They are both stunning but the second one is definitely more 'wedding' dress, and I would have thought perfect for your joint celebration.

If you're having another celebration later then that's a perfect excuse to have both of them I think!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics