Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2016

Which foundation to wear on the big day? Has anyone worn Bare Minerals for their wedding makeup?

Galbear, 20 of January of 2016 at 13:54 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

I am doing my own hair and makeup on my wedding day as I feel most comfortable doing my own so may as well save some money as well! Smiley smile

I always wear Bare Minerals for my foundation and I love it from day to day and get compliments on my skin when I wear it. However I have heard from a few people that mineral foundation should be avoided on the wedding day due to its tendency to not come out well in flash photography. Apparently it can make you look pale, washed out and chalky in some photos with flash.

Does anyone have experience of wearing Bare Minerals foundation on their wedding day?

Or can anyone recommend a foundation for good wedding makeup?

In the past I have tried (and not liked) Estee Lauder Double wear, Clinique Even Better, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, MAC Studio Sculpt, Dior Diorskin Forever.

I would retry a MAC product if anyone had any recommendations as my main concern was the thickness of the foundation but I guess this would help make sure my wedding makeup didn't budge and I am also interested in trying Charlotte Tilbury's new Magic foundation, if anyone has any experiences with this?

Any advice or help appreciated Smiley smile

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsW2017, 20 of January of 2016 at 21:46
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I swear by Bare Minerals as my skin is quite sensitive, but I have no experience of it with flash photography. My MUA says that they use MAC or airbrush so I suppose MAC holds up well to long wear and photographs.

I would go to the MAC counter and ask for a tutorial, they're well trained and should be able to give you some good tips.

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi, On my brides I use Clinique Superbalanced foundation. It give good coverage but feels light on the skin. The secret to your makeup staying on all day is using a good primer that for your skin type. Building your foundation up to give the coverage you want and then setting with powder. Mineral makeup tends to have high levels of silica or silver mica in which causes the 'ghost' look in flash photography. When looking at liquid foundations you want one that is low in titanium dioxide and since oxide as these also cause the 'ghost' look. I personally don't like MAC foundations as I find them to thick and heavy. But find MAC concealors really good. Hope this helps. Aimee

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

My makeup lady used YSL Touche Eclat foundation on me which felt really light, I didn't really feel like I was wearing foundation.

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering the same! I have developed incredibly sensitive skin so need to avoid alcohol based make up which makes Bare Minerals perfect day to day, not so perfect for wedding day it sounds though :/ I might just have to use something different on the day and accept my skin might kick off in the days after!!

• YellowDiamond
    Beginner July 2016
    YellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

When I was bridesmaid last year the mua used bare minerals powder foundations on us and we didn't look chalky or ghostly at all! Has a friend got a slr camera or something with a strong flash? Maybe get a few samples and practice putting them on as you would on the wedding day and ask the friend with the camera to get a few snaps for you to review? X

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I wore bare minerals at my first wedding and I don't look pale in any of the photos, I've actually got a good colour which is unusual as I am very pale naturally.

I would have thought that the photographer wouldn't need to use flash in the majority of the photos anyway...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics