Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2011

Which is better?

arnold2b, 10 March, 2011 at 09:43 Posted on Planning 0 14

Having a few indecisive moments! I thought where better to get oppinions than on here so thought i would ask you all, hope you dont mind!

Daytime wedding in April (NEXT MONTH, EEEK!)

Arrival drink bucks fizz or pimms?

Veil over face when walking down the aisle or not over my face?

Buying a tiara with a band, or a tiara with a slide/comb?

Does the page boy (age 11) walk before or after the bridesmaids? They are much older, if that has anything to do with it!

Bride to make a speech or not make a speech?

Think thats all my questions for now, look forward to seeing what your thoughts are.

14 replies

Latest activity by oldgal, 16 March, 2011 at 19:11
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Pimms. Neutral to veil (not having one, not sure I like the significance of them). Tiara with band will feel more secure? Page boys hand held by BM? I am making a speech (well, a short intro to the speeches).

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Pimms

Mum wants veil over face, I am undecided till I see the dress/veil together. I figure I'll never wear a veil again, & over the face is onyl for a short while

I'd have pageboy first, if he is the smallest, then the bridesmaids, but thats just me. not sure of the proper way they go though.

Am thinking of a tiara, but again, need to see it with the veil & dress as might be a bit too princessy & bling. Again, when will I ever wear a tiara again?

No plans on doing a speech. My MOH is though.

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Pimms

I cant bear the feel of veil over my face when i tried in the shop - felt panicky!!! so personal preference Smiley smile

Tiara with band more secure i think

I would say Page boy walks before bridesmaids

Speech - if you want to go for it, its your one and only chance!!!!

Good luck!! xx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Pimms

Veil over face

Tiara with band

Neutral on when the PG should walk

No speech - let the Groom have his moment, the eyes are all onyou the rest of the day

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

Wow not been on here for a while, thanks for your replies, im surprised you went for pimms, I am having total wobbles over which to go for but might be swayed, eek! to nervous to be doing last min things lol

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I love pimms :-) I think if you can wear the veil over your face then go for it as you won't get the chance to again, only do it if it feels comfortable. I'm having a side headband as they feel more comfortable and secure x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Pimms

Veil over face

Tiara with band

PG first

No speech

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Bucks fizz is probably more to peoples taste but i do love pimms!

Veil not over face as you will get better look at everyone inc h2b and same for them at you!

Not sure about tiara sorry or pageboy.

Brides can make speechs and do more often now i think but im personally not planning one but say a few words if i feel i need to and moment is right!

Yayyy not long for u now x

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, good one. Right, my offerings are:

Pimms - works for me every time (and even elderly aunts who claim to hate alcohol ending up loving a glass of the stuff - plus it counts towards your 5 a day if it has strawberries, apple or cucumber floating in it, so you feel less guilty! lol)

Veil - will depend on your hair and dress but if the veil has a meaning to you (rather than just completing your outfit) then wear it over your face and have the big reveal moment

Tiara - this will depend on your hair style and type. If your hair is really silky (which mine isn't) then you may need a bit more security with it so it doesn't slide off. Best to try a few on and see what works for you. Also, be careful of having anything too tight on your head - it will really start to hum by the end of the night!

Page boy - I would have him walk in ahead of the bigger girls, so there is a bit of a build up to you!

Bride's speech - I am steadfastly refusing to do a speech in favour of writing notes to each of my guests. For once I want my groom to speak - everyone gets sick of the sound of me whittering on about everything! lol I personally don't have a problem with my new husband speaking for both of us - it doesn't mean I'm not capable of speaking, only that i have actively made a choice not to. This is a contentious issue I know, but sometimes being demure and feminine can be a good thing, particularly on your wedding day. In essence, your beautific smile should say it all!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhh, how cute!!!! We (well I) watched a program the other night where the bride had the veil over her face, i said to h2b 'shall i wear a veil over my face or not?' And he just replied that he couldn't really see me wearing net on my head! I was like 'oh thanks' and he just said 'your not really a veil-y person' Whatever that means!!! ?

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

I prefer pimms personally.

If your going for the traditonal route then veil over face.

Hard to say tiara as don't know the style of your dress or hair etc

If your pageboy is being traditonal and holding the rings then first, if not then either way is ok

Again tradition not but if you just wanted to say a few words there's no harm in it.

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

Arrival drink bucks fizz or pimms? BUCKS FIZZ ( I THINK PIMMS IS A SUMMER DRINK IMHO )

Veil over face when walking down the aisle or not over my face? OVER FACE YOU WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN AND IT IS MYSTERIOUS ! LOL

Buying a tiara with a band, or a tiara with a slide/comb? BAND IT WILL FEEL MORE SECURE

Does the page boy (age 11) walk before or after the bridesmaids? They are much older, if that has anything to do with it! NOT SURE AFTER AT A GUESS ?

Bride to make a speech or not make a speech? I AM NOT GOING TO. SOMETHING HAS TO BE ALL ABOUT THE GROOM.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics