Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Which is the best wedding dress shop in the midlands?

Purple Pixie, 24 of May of 2011 at 10:44 Posted on Planning 0 13

I'm after a really nice dress shop. It doesn't have to be the one I get my dress from but I'd really like to find one where they make trying on the dresses a special occasion. It's not for me, it's my second wedding and whilst I am VERY excited to try dresses on I really want to make it a special time for my mum and best friend. I won't bore you with the reasons why but does anybody know of a great shop?

My wish list would be somewhere that doesn't rush you, somewhere with adequate seating for your friends/family, provides/allows a little bit of bubbly etc

TIA x

13 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 25 of May of 2011 at 23:57
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Where abouts in the Midlands do you want PP?

Tray <who's up in the North East Midlands/South Yorks border>

• F
    floral-exuberance ·
    • Hide content

I live near walsall and cindy belles in brownhills is good she even does her own bridal fayres etc

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I live in Redditch and Stella Liliana in Studley is really lovely.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

The best 2 for service I found were:

http://www.theweddingparlour.com/

http://www.mixnmatchbridalwear.co.uk/

But neither had champagne on offer for free - not sure if they'd be funny about you taking it in or not. I also went into the Beaties in Wolverhampton, and neither did they offer champagne, but may have if we'd have booked an appointment perhaps?

• J
    Beginner May 2011
    Jenny1979x ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in Wolverhampton and Beaties was my first stop. Never again! They had no time for me and my sister, as they were too busy getting ready for the NEC show. They said they would call me in the next week or so and i never heard back from them.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny I am from Wolves! Now live in Bournemouth but will be getting married in Shrewsbury! Glad to see a Wolvo here x

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm Nottingham and would highly recommend Emma's Secret. The service you recieve is brilliant.

• I
    Beginner
    Isi ·
    • Hide content

I would recommend Honey Cole in Abbots Bromley (Staffs). The shop is beautiful with some lovely boudoir type chairs for those waiting and while I didn't get offered any champers (I'm not sure this exists anywhere except for on Don't Tell the Bride!!) the lady did make us a cup of tea Smiley smile

The dresses there are at the higher end of the scale though, most £2.5k upwards.

I hope you find somewhere lovely x

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

We live on the Notss/Leics/Derbyshire border but we're getting married in Staffordshire and reception in Sutton Coldfield. I'm happy to travel a bit for the right place.

I thought the champers was a myth too but when I was in a bridal shop recently looking at bridesmaids' dresses the lady in there said that I should bring some in with me when I go back. Maybe that's the closest I'll get.

I'll look into those you've told me about. Thank you x

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    mrskay2bee ·
    • Hide content

I went to LOADS of dress shops!!! I Live in northampton and am from shrewsbury so am marrying there & was doing dress shops up there. I eventually found a great one in Birmignham!! They are online, just for you bridal and the dress i got was £300 cheaper than the first shop i found it in in Shrewsbury! They have a massive shop and a big seating area with a whole wall of mirrors! The lady was really nice & showed me what doing some alterations would look like i.e pinning some sparkles on the dress and looking at different veils. Really recommend them. Good luck!

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amy00003 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a shop in stoke called isle of brides. didnt end up getting my dress from there, but they had LOADS of dresses. they let u choose as many as you wanted to try, and they really didnt mind at all. AND they had sparkling wine and orange juice aswell! the dresses wernt badly priced. Ild defo recommend!

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    thepinkpumpkin ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to the Wardrobe at Kinver this Saturday after a glowing recommendation from a work colleague. The lady sounds lovely on the phone too so fingers crossed!Smiley smile

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Purple pixie where are you getting married. I'm from the sutton coldfield area.

I would highly recommened Beautiful dreamer in Erdington, many friends and my sister have also been there. There pretty good as well about just turning up in the week without an appointment.

I've heard more bad than good reports about Go bridal in Brum city centre.

The dressing rooms is always in bridal mags as well.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i'm in Wednesbury. I'm not having a traditional dress but my friend went to The Dressing Rooms in Halesowen, she said they were fab, , ,

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics