Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2016

Which red shoes with tea length/

JenniferWright30, 13 of April of 2016 at 11:48 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi there, I need to decide on my red shoes! I love these ones, but the heel is super short. Do people think it will look good, or just weird?

9 replies

Latest activity by JenniferWright30, 14 of April of 2016 at 14:52
  • S
    Beginner July 2018
    ShellyN ·
    • Hide content

Both of them are lovely but i like the bottom ones more xx

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for a small kitten heel for the main reason that I want to be comfy all day in them.

I like the bottom shoes as they have a little more red on them, but then the top shoes look very pretty and I can imagine them with a tea length dress.

Haha, sorry- not sure I've been much help there.

I think maybe you should think about comfort if the higher shoes are putting you off a bit.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

While I like both shoes, I'd probably go for the bottom pair (larger heel) and suck up the pain. I prefer how I look, stand and present myself in heels, even though I can barely walk in them ha ha!

That said, it'll be a long day and if you'd rather be comfortable and not have to buy another pair...

I'm sure they'll look gorgeous, whichever you decide to go for!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to the forum, btw!

• J
    Beginner October 2016
    JenniferWright30 ·
    • Hide content

I just realized my wedding dress pic didn't load! This probably helps with feedback!

Thanks so much for the input so far! The higher heels are preferred, it seems. Smiley smile Wish I could afford both, I've already bought one pair that just doesn't work with the dress at all.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I prefer the higher pair too and know I couldn't manage them. What about keeping them on reserve and doing back to the drawing board. You might find something with a more mid range heel?

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I think that I quite like the fact that there is a little less red in the first pair cos it matches up to the ratio in the dress a bit more? I love the second pair, too, but I don't think the first will detract at all - they're adorable!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

They are both very cute shoes, but I think I would go for the higher heels with a tea length skirt. The smaller heel shoes will also make your legs look shorter because of the strap going across the top.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I like the higher heel as well but then I'm looking at knee length dresses specifically so I can wear proper statement shoes!

Going against the grain (and my own preference though) I would say buy the top ones. You like them better and, given you don't wear heels often, are all day shoes. Sore feet is one thing but if you're not used to wearing heels the pain can be brutal. Do you really want to spend your wedding day with painful feet?

• J
    Beginner October 2016
    JenniferWright30 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all the thoughtful feedback, it is very much appreciated!

I bought the smaller heeled ones today....just couldn't afford both, already bought one pair that didn't match my dress! Apart from the height, I also wasn't sure about the red on the higher heels, looked a bit orange and worried it wouldn't match my petticoat very well. And I don't like the idea of being taller than my partner when I hardly ever am in day to day life.

But yeah, if they don't work or make my legs look silly, I'll just keep them for other purposes and continue the search for wedding shoes. Thanks again for the feedback and extra push to make a decision. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics