Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Beginner May 2024 Staffordshire

Which seamstress do i choose??

Olivia, 11 January, 2024 at 09:28 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 2
Hii hope everyone's wedding planning is going well! 🤍 and congrats to those who have now gotten married!
I'm currently arranging my first dress alteration/fitting and was given two seamstress" details from the place I got my dress from..
the first one I messaged had such good energy in her replies (made me feel like she loves all weddings, is excited for me, lovely person etc etc) but takes a while to reply each time even just to book in with her. The second one has been very "to the point" and professional in her replies and very responsive which is great but I miss the bubbly excitement! Maybe it's just how she writes though and in person she'd be just as great? So I thought I'd book to meet both and then decide after that but the second one also takes a deposit to book so I need to decide now! Do I go for the one who makes me feel special but maybe difficult to hear back from promptly at times? Or do I pay a deposit and go for the more professional one? I know this is such a trivial issue really haha but I just could do with some opinions or maybe past experiences to help me decide. Thanks so much!

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 14 January, 2024 at 15:04
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I have never seen on this forum someone complaining that their supplier was professional with very responsive reply's but over the years there have been loads of people having problems with slow responses from suppliers and it seems to be the ones that were "loverly" at first.

Search on here for "slow response" and you will see

There is a post right now with someone having a slow response from a venue.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would go with the one who sounds more professional, as long as you are confident she'll do the work well. Hopefully, she will be someone you get on better with in person, but to be honest, it doesn't really matter that much as long as she can do a good job on your dress. All the bubbly enthusiasm in the world won't compensate for having to wear a poorly fitting wedding dress on your big day because Mrs Bubbly wasn't organised enough to get the work done in time, and that would be my concern with someone who is enthusiastic in comments but slow to actually do anything practical!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics