Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2013

white or ivory place cards?

midlandsbride2013, 6 May, 2013 at 22:05 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have a small decision to make ( OH bless him not really bothered by this small detail!)regarding place names for the wedding breakfast. Our invites are on ivory card, but the reception table linen is white.................so should we have white placecards to match the table linen or ivory to match our invites?

Any advice? Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsI2Be, 7 May, 2013 at 22:32
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I'd do it in the same card as your invites but nobody will either care, nor notice, honest!

• A
    Beginner December 2013
    Amaranth ·
    • Hide content

The last time I was a bridesmaid, the bide had a meltdown that the napkins weren't the same shade of ivory as the invitations. I mean, total meltdown. And not a single person noticed or cared.

Pick whatever you like best. Nobody will notice or care.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I am a stationery snob, and even I agree - no one will care or notice! I'd match with invites though.

How are you writing on the names? If you are using gold/silver pen I think cream/white goes best with each respectively if that helps?

• Dash of Sparkle - Venue Styling & Wedding Planners
    Dash of Sparkle - Venue Styling & Wedding Planners ·
    • Hide content

I think ivory place cards with gold or black writing would create a really beautiful elegant contrast to the white table linen :-)
    If the writing is embossed it would just add that extra something special.

Hope that helps Smiley smile

Idit

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    midlandsbride2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

I am not really bothered by what colour they are- just thought that some of guests might be so wanted to go with what was 'normal'! I do like the idea of using gold on the ivory though Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner January 1998
    MrsI2Be ·
    • Hide content

I've got white table linen and ivory place cards! We are writing the names on in gold pen too!

I had a similar thought to you about whether they should match or not and then just had to pull myself together and realise that with less than 8 weeks to go I really don't need to be worrying about that sort of thing! Plus I like ivory better so that's what we have gone with!

Like someone above said, I really don't think your guests are going to be worried about it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics