Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nanny plum
Beginner September 2011

Who did you all invite to your hen night?

nanny plum, 6 May, 2011 at 15:33 Posted on Planning 0 7

Obviously your closest friends but did you also invite your MIL/SIL to be and the wifes of the best man/ushers?

Trying to do my list would actually like it to be about 10 of my closest friends but is it "the done thing" to invite the main family wedding party of your OH as well?

7 replies

Latest activity by nanny plum, 6 May, 2011 at 16:05
  • Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

You should invite who you want to be there not who u think u are expected to invite. I invited all the women in my family and my MIL2b and both my sil2b. I also invited all 5 close friend and 3 girls from work. There is 20 of us heading to glasgow next month!!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a hen party, but from the ones I've been to MILs, SILs (or BILs' partners) are usually invited but not groomsmen's partners unless the bride knows them well enough to be on the guest list already.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I just invited my sister and mum, my OH's sister and mum and my friends. My OH kept going on about how he'd like me to invite his female cousins but I was having none of it. Its my hen do and I'll have who I want there. I arent even inviting my own cousins! Thats because they arent very nice people and I havent seen them in about 10 years. I get on with his cousins dont get my wrong, but I just want those closest to me there at my hen do - not people I dont know very well so would feel awkward iykwim? I kind of had to invite his mum but wouldnt have if I had any chance of getting away with it as I dont really get on with her so well.

Invite who YOU want to be there. Not who you feel like you have to invite, otherwise it wont really be your hen do and you wont have as much fun as if it was just those closest to you there.

• MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

I've invited my Mum, My chief bridesmaid, my bridesmaids, my MIL, my SIL, two of my fiances family members, 8 old friends I've known since I was a kid, 5 work friends, 3 other friends and my god mother.

I'm then having a lunch the next day at the hotel we are staying at (The Ritz) for both my Gran's to come too!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

im having 2 simply because i want a girly weekend away with ym friends (about 14 of us!) and then a closer to home evening out with family......i dont want mummy flow or big sister flow or indeed the 2 older SILs to see me being a typical 'hen'!!!!!!!!!!

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

As we're getting wed abroad - I invited nearly all the girlies I know! A few couldn't make it, but there were 23 of us at a Murder Mystery Night. So at least, if they wanted to, they had the choice of celebrating this instead xx HTH

But I agree with others, invite who you want to invite!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I don't want to feel like I have to encourage people to be friends or get to know one another on my hen do. Want it to be natural and fun, like a nite out with mates! So no Mum or MIL2B! No random family members I 'feel' I must invite. Probs be just me, sister, cosuin, other BM, and a couple of friends! Its likely to be abroad to so would rather a smaller group of close friends; don't wanna look after everyone!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies,having two nights sounds like the ideal thing to do but i can't really afford it.Perhaps my hen night will start out quite civil then the non party people will go home and i can be a "proper hen" as Flow says lol. I have never been so aware of trying not to leave people out/offend them in my whole life!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics