Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jen_84
Beginner August 2012

Who did you book your honeymoon through?

jen_84, 27 of August of 2011 at 18:04 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

We're just looking at booking our honeymoon. We've had quotes from Kuoni and Thomson so far. Audley and Turquoise have given us ideas but no prices as yet although Audley looks quite expensive from the prices on their website. Thomson is coming out the as the cheapest but we want to make sure our honeymoon is perfect so I was hoping you lovely people might be able to tell me who you've booked with and what your experience has been like so far. Or if you have heard horror stories about a company we'd be interested in those too so we know to avoid!

Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Latest activity by Wherts2b, 25 of October of 2011 at 13:23
  • A
    Beginner October 2012
    allymepally ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Many fiends of ours have used Trailfinders (https://www.trailfinders.co.uk/) and have all said they are great. You can also set up a gift list so wedding guests can pay towards the honeymoon as a wedding gift - perfect!

X

• Alohabride
    Beginner July 2012
    Alohabride ·
    • Hide content

We have used the flight centre. They've been brilliant and listened to exactly what we wanted. The also have a price beat guarantee which we used when we picked our hotel but saw it cheaper on thomas cook....

This is our second time using them for a big holiday and their customer service is second to none.

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well, I'll advice from a travel agency, they'll give the valuable advice, then I'll google the details, I prepare finish this by myself.

• hannioli
    Beginner April 2012
    hannioli ·
    • Hide content

We used Trailfinders, they were the cheapest that we found for what we wanted and we went through looooooads of agents to compare prices. They were quite helpful as we went in with a vague idea of what we wanted. The agent was quite good at picking up with us and remembering to call etc...

But...BA cancelled our flight home after we'd paid the deposit and now Trailfinders are being rather difficult, constantly phoning and e-mailing to force us to decide on what we want to do now. At first they didn't offer to pay for the difference in the cost of the indirect flight home, but eventually they did. H2b isn't happy with the indirect flight though and they're pretty much refusing to do anything about it...We've been having to push for them to look at other alternatives and it's painful to say the least.

I did think they were good, now I'm a bit jaded about them...but I guess it's not completely their fault as it was BA that cancelled the flight, but they could be more accommodating. They at one point said that they would give us a full refund...yeah, such a good offer to start again 7 months before our wedding...

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Suuz ·
    • Hide content

We have booked our Honeymoon through Complete Morocco - very reasonably priced, quick, efficient and very knowledgeable, and they do a free on-line wedding list service as well so we can take donations towards our honeymoon, have massages, champagne, romantic dinners etc paid for by our guests, and afford room upgrades to make our stay really really special! Take a look at their site: http://www.completemorocco.com/ and their wedding list page http://www.completemorocco.com/complete-morocco-wedding-list-service/

Good luck! x

• Lusitana
    Beginner June 2012
    Lusitana ·
    • Hide content

We have booked trought Turquoise, with Lara. She was amazing with us. I requested some quotes from Kuoni, Hayes and Jarvis and a few others.

Turquoise gave us the best price. We're going to the Maldives, staying 5 nights at Constance Moofushi (Beach Villa) and 5nights at Constance Halevali (Water Villa).

xx

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

We booked with Top Drawer Holidays. We had been getting quotes from Trailfinders & Turquoise for the same holiday but Top Drawer came out £600 cheaper ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics