Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2012

Who do you buy presents for?

gheko, 4 January, 2012 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone

I know you get the best man and bridesmaids but do you also get both sets of parents?

Also do you buy each other's wedding rings or does this fall with the groom?

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by sr3693, 5 January, 2012 at 14:45
  • S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I think you buy for any ushers, page boys or flowers too plus parents if they have contributed?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to know this too! We're getting the BM, MOH and BM pressies and I think traditionally you buy both mums a bouquet of flowers which we are doing! I have seen posts where people bought for the dads too, should we? I have OH's dad, my brother (giving me away, dad not going) and OH's son (usher) as other members of the bridal party...should I get them gifts?

With regard to rings, not sure traditionally what happens, although we are paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves and just have a 'wedding fund' and they were bought together out of that!

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

Traditionally the groom buys the brides wedding ring, and the bride buys the grooms. We're like MissyLou and buying both rings out of our wedding fund that we both contribute to.

We're getting necklaces for BMs, cufflinks for best man and ushers, flowers for both Mums, not sure what we're going to get my Dad and the FGs. We're also getting both sets of parents a photobook from the TOG which will be a smaller version of ours.

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    futureMrsM ·
    • Hide content

Im a bit stuck with the parent thing only my mum and step dad have contributed so obviously im getting them something but should i still be buying for oh mum, dad n step mum and my dad when they not contributed?

• G
    Beginner April 2012
    gheko ·
    • Hide content

Flowers might be difficult for the mums as getting married away from home.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Umm i am buying the bridesmaids jewellery as their gifts, my H2B needs to sort best man & usher gifts but will prob be cufflinks or hip flasks...

i will be buying my mum and dad a gift plus my nan & gramp - both have contributed a lot of money towards our wedding - thinking a small tree to plant - they all love their gardens and i thought it would be a nice keepsake - also thought above engraved whiskey glasses for the men!

Need to think of something for our 2 page boys - any ideas? 1 will be 3, 1 will be 7..

i do not intend to buy gifts for OH parents just because they have not contributed, this is down to not affording it so its not because they wouldn't have wanted too! I will buy some photo frames and give them a pic.

we're not giving gifts during the wedding anyway as we are only having one small speech by my dad.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics