Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2024 New York

Who gets a thank you gift?

Claire, 27 of March of 2023 at 13:48 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

This could seem like a moronic inquiry however as I've presumably said previously, I haven't been to numerous weddings and I don't have any idea what the marry manners are...

Who do you really get a thank you gift for, and when do you give it to them? I in a real sense can't really understand.

8 replies

Latest activity by Elijah, 8 of April of 2023 at 13:31
  • Boaz
    Ontario
    Boaz ·
    • Hide content

We purchased for my folks, his mum (she made our cake), bridesmaids and ushers and best man.

We provided them with full scale the morning of the wedding at home. By and by I seriously hate giving personalized gifts during discourses, I would prefer to give them to them in private.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We gave gifts to our bridal party (best Man, Ushers, Bridesmaids etc) and gave them during the speeches. It was just a small token of thanks and was something that actually was useful, candles for the girls and golf accessories for the boys. I honestly have lost count of the number of Best Man glasses my husband had and we don't use! You can get flowers for the mums which is tradition if your parents have helped towards the wedding and for the dats sometimes people get cufflinks for them to where on the day.

• H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Anyone who has played a significant part in your wedding, either planning or paying, who you feel warrants more than just a thank you. If you are paying for it yourselves and don't have a bridal party then you may find there is nobody to buy for. I would suggest giving the gifts in private before the ceremony.
  • Amie Seal Photography
    Leicestershire
    Amie Seal Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

I've noticed a dip in thank you gifts over the last few years. It was always custom to give the mothers big flower bouquets after the speeches but i've not seen this for a good 3 years. However a lot of my clients order Parent Albums from me for the parents; which is a great keepsake.

Sometimes the groomsmen are given things like cufflinks or hipflasks, always usually gifts to use on the day with groomsmen.

The only thing I'd say I see consistently is bridemaid gifts. Usually jewellery or more thoughtful gifts / keepsakes.

Maybe people give gifts outside of the day? Or possibly just not at all nowadays other than the ones I see. Money seems to be tighter or spent elsewhere on other wedding trends I think.

Hope this helps,

A.

• Emily
    Dedicated February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    We didn't get any gifts for anyone. I really didn't see the need, especially given how much weddings cost, if you add up all the little things, £20 here, £30 there, etc, suddenly there is another few £100 just gone. We didn't do favours either.

• J
    Beginner December 2026 Gwynedd
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Throughout the speeches I’d say and for whoever helped you that your not paying a service for.
    Did a family member help you making and crafting endlessly throughout prep, bridesmaids, groomsmen , best man, mother of bride and groom ect
  • J
    Beginner August 2024 East Central London
    Jinnykey ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, I'm even afraid to imagine my preparation for the wedding, there are so many details, I don't know anything myselfSmiley cry

• E
    Beginner October 2023 Bedfordshire
    Elijah ·
    • Hide content
    I think both Parents to start with, then if you used a wedding sponsor. Others can do with a personalized thank you card. That's my opinion though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics