Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2016

Who gets Save the Date cards?

Chale, 6 of July of 2015 at 13:16 Posted on Planning 0 7

My OH and I were pondering this the other day. We had originally planned to send one to everyone on the guest list, but then I thought: hang on, if I'd received a StD and then only got an invitation to the evening do, I might be a bit miffed. So now I'm thinking that we should just send/give StDs to people who are definitely invited to the whole day (because there are one or two people who might get shunted to evening-only after we've reviewed the guest list).

Who did you send Save the Dates to?

7 replies

Latest activity by Inspyre, 6 of July of 2015 at 23:20
  • AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I only sent save the dates to people we were inviting for the whole day. Originally this was everybody anyway but now we are having evening guests but haven't sent save the dates to them.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I would also send them only to those coming for the whole day. It makes sense as it's asking them to not make any plans on that day while guests who will only come to the evening can do something during the day.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

Normally it is just your day guests, however we have half of our guests coming from the South (OH is from there so all his family are still down there) we sent them to everyone as it gave them time to make arrangements, book time off work, sort out hotels before the invites went out.

It was mainly us being courteous and giving people to time to save money over a long period of time.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

We've only sent them to day guests

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Manda79 ·
    • Hide content

We only sent to day guests. You can send save the evening ones for evening guests. If I received a save the date I would assume I was invited to the whole day and would be a bit peeved if it was just the evening.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, everyone! Manda, that was exactly my thinking - I would definitely be peeved! Excellent, that'll cut down on postage and envelopes.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

We live in Essex but getting married in Scotland... so I sent Save the Day and Save the Evening invites so everyone had fair chance of booking hotels and flights but then didn't get confused about whether it was for the day or not! x

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

We're sending one to everyone, but Save the Evenings to those only invited to the evening do. Our wedding is in the summer holidays so a few people will be booking holidays so need to forewarn them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics