Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

teeheeyoucrazyguys!

Who had these to play with??

teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 2 October, 2010 at 23:25 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 36

and I want them all back! how on earth could my mother give them away/throw them out!!!!

36 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 4 October, 2010 at 21:08
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Yep!!

The phone, till, people with cot etc, dolls house.

Where I've been working for 4 days this week (Huuuuuuuuuuge manor house ,think big enough to be a huge hotel!) they have a nursery room full of old 70s and 80s toys! I was looking after the baby I usually look after every week but at his Grandparents house as he was staying there a week whilst his parents and sister are in france. I'm not kidding, they're seriously seriously rich but hoard everything! The grandparents kids are all grown up and in their 30s yet it's like they've never left.. EVERYTHING is still there, toys, cots, silvercross prams, high chairs, school books still in desks, school photos up. It even still has stickers all over their bedroom doors with their names on the doors and everything. It's so weird but amazing at the same time, like going back in time when I step into their old bedrooms and nursery!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

This was my fav toy!

Along with a chicken game which I can't remember the name of, it's bugging me! It was a big white chicken and you put the eggs inside, white ones and golden ones then used a little pokey thing to try and knock the golden eggs out of the nest without making it buzz (Like the game, operation). If it buzzed, the wings flapped and I'd nearly poo myself!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I want to go to that house!"!!!!!!!!! would be like a museum......... I'm going to bid on something on ebay tonight actually....

never ever seen that chicken game though......

But i do still have my speak n spell Smiley smile

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

Oooo - I had the record player, the phone, the jack in the box and the clock. Fabulous stuff. It's just not the same nowadays!

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

I remember all them toys I used to also have

I loved these as you could just mess with them I used to have a ballerina one

Also

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Hubby bought me an etch a sketch 2 years ago!!!!! its fun for all of 3 mins but handy when friends brats come over to play.. lolol its a lot lighter than I remember them being when i was wee lolol...

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I had all of those apart from the clock. Anyone have these?

I used to have both, and would take them both for walks together!

ALso anyone remember this?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I had the dog and I had a battery operated sausage dog too but i gave him a bath, as you do, and he never worked again.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

You've started something now Teehee - am currently looking through old toys on a website. Going to share some other things I had.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Well, here she is, in the flesh..............sitting on my sofa.....

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

My fisher price doll house with the play people was my ultimate fave toy, when I was 13 I gave it an upgrade using magazines from MFI lolololol I cut the pics out and glued them on the walls......

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

That is so cool Teehee. I have nothng left from my childhood. My mum threw everything away over the yrs, or sold it on table sales.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Shes 31 years old now........ the only changes are her ribbon which was yellow but is now red and shes had a tiny bit of her hair snipped. I took her everywhere.....

i also have a lovely andy pandy string puppet but he needs re-strung and a new collar. At the moment his collar to his suit his a white scrunchie lol... got him when I was 5 years old too.

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

Zippy I remember all of them had the dog and some of the things anyone remember girls world

or tiny tears

I still have in the atic a cuddly ET, a humpty dumpty from playschool and a monkey which is missing is swing (just a piece of dowling) will take a picture he must be 35 years old and still talks with batteries says something on the lines of I like Bananas

There is a story behind the monkey my nan and grandad bought it me, and it was wrapped up at christmas. My grandad used to drive a mini bus and came home late/early hours did not switch on any lights so he did not wake my nan and kicked the boxed monkey well you can imagine when it said I like monkeys in the dark lol still makes me smile now and I wont be getting rid of it any time soon

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I had quite a few of these toys when I was younger, what a blast from the past!! Girls world was my favourite by far and the original polly pockets (the teeny tiny ones!)

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

This was one of my favourites

Think it's still in my mums loft and the marble maze.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I had these ones.......Loved that house!!!!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Didnt you love the fact that the door bell doubled up as the light fitting in the lounge??

when you hit the wee button, it sprung up to hit the metal chime?? ohhhhh that was my fave bit.

oh and the rolling doors on the garage!

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

OMG this post has brought back so many memories. The record player was my best toy ever.

• cherry pie
    Beginner July 2007
    cherry pie ·
    • Hide content

OMG i had so many of these toys its brought back so many memories, from the OP i had the dolls house and jack in the box and record player.

i also had the fashion plates, spirograph, mr pop, girls world and tiny tears (except my tiny tears had black hair)

tee hee iv also got a similar doll to your rag doll (still have her in my bedroom) her name is sarah kay and she had a blue dress and pinafore on, H says she is freaky ?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I remember sarah kay!!!!!!!! I like my strawberry shortcake though Smiley smile

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't alowed Tiny Tears. My mum felt it was a waste of money! She was funny like that. I only had Mr Pop because I bought it with my pocket money at a jumble sale! We only had board games that were educational, like word games! Same with toys, if my mum thought it was a waste of money, or gimicky she wouldn't buy it! No wonder I used to enjoy playing round my friend's houses!!

ETA - I wasn't allowed a Girls World either, for the same reasons! I do regularly remind my mother of these things, and tell her I was a deprived child!!!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Theres someone on ebay wanting £23 for their shortcake doll and she doesnt have the smell necklace that I have!! I aint parting with my baby, nevaaaaaaaaaaaa.. lolol..

my cousins had girls world...... the hair matted too easily and they used pens on the face....rubbish!

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

This thread has brought back so many memories - I had the Fisher Price doll's house, Spirograph and Fashion Plates. I also had the Barbie dolls and accessories.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Sorry it was Sindy who ruled....

this was my First sindy...

she even had a leg brace thingy so she could do an arabesque!

used to play at my grandmas with the above travel case........which became a hotel room lol..

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had those ones, tons of fisher price babies .... and these....

My little pony and popples

Playmobil - the full victoriana range including car! Plus hundreds of other kits, I swear my mum had shares in playmobil!

Lego (masses of the stuff) - but especially the pirate ship..... and my old faithful Casey Jones the Railway Engineer dog... which travelled everywhere with me.

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

teehee i had that sindy too, esp loved the little ballet shoes, had a girls world as well, spirograph, etch a sketch....

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Anyone have Keypers? And of course Trolls!

Cupcake dolls?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, not for me.........

i had these

clip on animals, I had the weirdy bunnies and I had a friend who made them homes from shoe boxes lolol

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Viewmaster!

Glow worm!

I loved my family tree house!!

Can't remember what this was called?!

Hungry Hippos!

A la Carte Kitchen!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Major Morgan the musical organ????

I always wanted a tree house...........

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Oooh I had clip on animals too! Most were a weird orange colour :/

Ooh, Chic a boo / Monchichi -

My cousin had this Star Wars thing - It freaked me out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics