Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hoddy
Beginner July 2014

Who is on your top table?

Hoddy, 3 of January of 2014 at 16:07 Posted on Planning 0 13

As asked in title.

I know traditionally it goes:

Chief Bridesmaid | Grooms Father | Brides Mother | Groom | Bride | Brides Father | Grooms Mother | Best Man

For us this changed a little because my Mum is doing the Dad duties (giving me away, doing a speech) because my 'father' is non existent.

I'm being very silly and stressing over having an odd number of people on the table but can't think of anyone else who could be on there.

13 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 3 of January of 2014 at 21:27
  • W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

I have quite a few on my top table

Groom's aunt | Grooms Nan | Grooms uncle/bestman | Our Son | Groom | Bride | My Daughter | Brides father | Brides Mum | Brides sis | Brides Nan

I have so many as my OH's mum died when he was 16 and she was too ill to bring him up so his nan did and she's practically a mum to him so she has be there. His dad is not in contact with him. Of course my kids have to be on the top table as they are so young, my son is disabled as is my sister and my nan so I thought it was best they sat with people they knew and could help them out.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I really wouldn't worry about having an odd number, honestly.

We had an even amount but only because we had two best men. We had:

Best Man | Groom's Father | Groom's Mother | Groom | Bride | Bride's Father | Bride's Mother | Best Man

The bridesmaids had the nearest table to the top table with their partners.

• jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

Me and HTB, My Mum and Dad, his Mum and Mum's BF, his grandpa, my bro, Chief BM and Best Man (who happen to be a couple too)

Odd numbers don't matter, it's the people who matter ?

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a round top table instead of the traditional long. It will be me, my h2b, his mum and dad, my mum and dad, my MOH, his best man, and my sister and her boyfriend - she is one of my bridesmaids and her boyfriend is my h2b's usher, so it made sense to have them too.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Similar to you Hoddy mines complicated so the top table is Chief BM, my brother, my mum & dad, me & OH, his parents, his sister and best man. its all immediate family for us.

(i seem to have fudge for fingers today ....)

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

I'm only have 6 of us on our top table.

Brides Father - Brides Mum - Bride - Groom - Grooms Mum - Grooms Dad

We decided not to have our Best Man and Chief Bridesmaid on the top table because we want them to enjoy the day with their partners too. They will still have the same responsibilities throughout the day, but we thought it would be nice to having them sitting with their respective partners!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What would happen in regards to the speeches then? If your best man is doing a speech that is?

Thank you all for an insight into your top table plans, very helpful Smiley smile

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

We're having exavtly the same as Sparkly Bear; BMs and best man will be sat on tables nearby top table and best man will come and stand at top table to do his speech.

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing it a bit differently but it worked brilliantly at my sister's wedding.

I'm having 2 round tables (6-8 people) and then me and OH on a small rectangle table joing the round tables. that way we can talk to everyone rather than only being able to talk to the person either side of you.

We are having his family on one side and my family on the other:

Groom's Mother Bride's Father

Groom's Father Bride's Mother

Best Man Groom Bride Bride's Sister (Maid of Honour)

Best Man's GF Maid of Honour's Husband

2nd Best Man Bride's Brother

2nd Best Man's Wife Bride's Brother's GF

Bride's Brother

Bride's Brother's GF

It looks crazy but it works really well so I can talk to the whole of my family and we don't have a top table that goes on for a mile!

I'm going for a quite informal and relaxed feel so I don't know if this would work for a formal feel but it was brilliant at my sister's

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The best man is still doing a speech, he will either do it from his table or as MissToffee's is doing, he will come up to the top table. His table will be close to ours anyway, so he will be near the front and everyone will be able to see him!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We're just having us and both sets of parents.... Much easier!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

This was such a headache for us. Both sets of parents were divorced, plus my mom didn't come. We decided on a round table and we each chose our 2 best friends and their partners to sit with us on our 'top table'.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics