Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2010

Who pays for Bridesmaid alterations?

JBlackburn, 13 September, 2010 at 10:20 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi

Just wondering whether you can shed some light on this? I have paid for the bridesmaid dresses however, due to one being pregnant, some alterations need to be made to one of the dresses. Traditionally, who should pay for this - the bride or bridesmaid? The dress we chose was slightly above my budget as we had to buy a larger dress due to her pregnancy but I agreed at the time that I don't mind paying a bit extra for the dress. I assumed the alterations would be paid for by the bridesmaid. Is this correct?

Help please

5 replies

Latest activity by grace85, 13 September, 2010 at 10:28
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable asking my bridesmaids to pay for something like that. I've always been of the opinion that I've asked them to fulfil that role for me so the least I can do is pay for them to be attired in the style that I would like.

I might feel differently if one of them spent the two months before stuffing their faces with cake but standard alterations, nope, I wouldn't dream of asking them to fund them.

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

9 times out of 10 a bridesmaid dress will need to be altered anyway for a good fit. I would say if you are buying the dresses then you would also pay for the alterations. I am paying for mine and would not expect my bridesmaids to, as this is all part of buying the dress.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying for my bridemaid alterations.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Like CricketBride said, i have asked them to be a BM so i will be paying for everything for them to be a BM.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics