Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bal
Curious June 2022 Central & Glasgow

Who pays for hotel stay night before wedding for bridesmaids

Bal, 11 of February of 2022 at 11:38 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Hi, just wondering as I have no idea. If I the bride and bridesmaids are staying over at the venue the night before. Who pays. I am Indian and had an arranged marriage at 18. And now in my 50’s and marrying a white man and going through the motions of booking everything. I am so excited it’s a great feeling to marry someone that you love! Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 11 of February of 2022 at 19:57
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

How lovely you have found someone you love after the arranged marriage. I will never understand this concept but it is not my culture so I won't try!

I only have one adult BM (the rest are my daughters and nieces) and it is my sister but she is staying at the hotel near the venue the night before and is paying for it herself. I was also her BM 11 years ago and we paid for the hotel ourselves too.

I would expect to foot this bill myself.

Good luck with all your planning!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you are asking/expecting them to be there for you then you should pay. (Or if they are needed there so early in the morning that it would be unfair to expect them to travel up on the day) If it's something they are choosing to do, then they can pay themselves.

Congratulations on your wedding - I am so happy you get to marry someone you love this time around xxx

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm letting my bridesmaids choose where they stay and they will pay - most of them are with a partner of their own and planning on making a mini break out of it so I wouldn't want to separate them anyway. I'll just let them know what time they need to be at the venue in the morning and giving them some guidance around what's nearby and might be practical if they don't want too early a morning.

• Bal
    Curious June 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Bal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are pushing me to stay there. But I realise it makes sense as venue is an hour away.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    As my wedding is an early start I have asked my BMs to stay the night before so as to avoid traffic or delays and an hour journey pre getting ready as we are starting so early. I am paying as I have asked for them to come, which I feel is reasonable. See how it would work logistically if they didn't and if it is fiesable for them to travel to you on the morning then they don't have to, but give them the option to stay and pay themselves if they want to. I think it is also nice to have the girls around you and keep you busy and stop you worrying or stressing out the night before. Very pleased for you to have found your happy ever after x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics