Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Beginner June 2022 Leicestershire

Who pays for wedding party clothes?

Rachel, 18 of July of 2021 at 19:44 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
We can't decide who pays for the 2 bridesmaid, BM, usher and my son giving me away. Should we? Dont know how to raise the issue!

6 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 20 of July of 2021 at 20:05
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s the norm for the bride and groom to pay. We are paying for our 10 bridesmaids, best men and ushers. Whenever I’ve been a bridesmaid the dress has always been paid for. Just talk to them to see what they were expecting.
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with Marcie, we are paying for the wedding party clothing and hair, nails and makeup for bridesmaids. I think its unfair to expect people to pay to be part of my wedding.
  • Marcie
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    We are paying for hair as well but not makeup as there wouldn’t be time to get them all done. They are happy to do their own though.
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I'm not surprised Marcie. I don't have as many as many as you Smiley smile
  • Marcie
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The cost did pay a factor as well 🙈🤣🤣🤣
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Usually the couple will pay for bridal party/groomsmen outfits. But everyone does it differently. I think the most important thing is to be upfront and make sure everyone is aware of who is paying for what from the outset. For example you might say that you'll pay for dresses but ask them to do their own hair and makeup, or shoes etc - just have the conversation so it's clear.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics