Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

leni

Who sets up the tables?

leni, 17 of March of 2009 at 20:35 Posted on Planning 0 10

We get married in our local church with is 18 miles from our reception venue so no chance of getting there on the day. I am aware that they tables at our venue are prepared in the morning in one room and moved to the reception room when needed. We are not having a coordinator so who sets up?

I helped set up my friends room 2 years ago because I made and delivered her cake.

Does the venue usualy set up?

It'll be chocolates in champagne galsses, favours put in place and candles/centre pieces put together (doing them ourselves) and place in the tables

10 replies

Latest activity by The Sock Chicken, 18 of March of 2009 at 11:35
  • loobyg
    Beginner November 2008
    loobyg ·
    • Hide content

Our venue set up for us but not sure that it is the norm. my CBM went in ahead of everyone to check that everything was shipshape!

• M
    Beginner
    MayDay ·
    • Hide content

Our venue sets everything up, although at my sisters wedding she went in the morning to do the tables herself (as was quite fussy about how she wanted them. I'm still going to get my bridesmaid or Mum to check them though just to be sure. I'd ask your venue.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Fingers Xd, me and my posse are doing the tables on the friday night, dont want the hotel doing it tbh and if it gets me and the girls together for a final woop then so be it!!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Most venues will set up for you. They usually have staff there who will be able to set out favours, name cards etc.

The best thing to do is to check with the venue beforehand, if they will set up for you, try & get all the tables in seperate boxes labelled with the name or number of the table. i.e Favours, Place cards, cameras, bubbles, centrepeices etc it makes it much easier & quicker to set up this way.

If you don't have anyone it is worth investing in a Venue Dresser who will take the stress away & do it all for you.

• hely08
    Beginner September 2009
    hely08 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue - a golf club said we couldnt have access until about 1pm on the day ( we are not arriving until 5pm) i would have been in church by then along with any friends/ family I would trust to set up tables with name cards , favours, tealights etc etc so I have hired a lady - rec from here for 2 hours to set up for me - no hassle im not at all worried now and she didnt charge much at all !!

HTH

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue will be doing ours, as we are getting married and have the wedding breakfast and the evening reception all in the same room. So the room will be set up with aisle and seats for the service. Whilst photos etc are taken the tables will be set up for the wedding breakfast, and then it will re-organised for the evening with the dance floor being laid etc. I just have to leave instructions ie table plan and who is have what favours etc. We are also paying aset amount for balloons able linen etc, also centre pieces so they are actually doing these after the service.

I organise the xmas parties at work, and the last 2 years they have actually put the presents and table names for everyone on the tables for me. Which has certainly helped, this was also 2 different venues. So they should have not problem doing it for you, just leave full instructions.

x

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I thought it was quite common for your florist to do it - I suppose that's only if you are doing your table decs and centrepieces through them though. If you're sorting it all out yourself then yes I suppose it would be the venue?

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content

Me and a group of family set ours up the night before the wedding. We were having a village hall though for a reception so had to do everything ourselves. For the switch between day time layout and night time layout my mum, dad, nana, grandad and ushers moved the tables and chairs around. It didn't take them long and while they were doing it me and H were chatting in the bar area to guests.

• P
    Beginner April 2009
    pink_bride_23 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is doing ours too, we've to drop off all the stuff the night before for them. I'm getting my friend to check the tables are how I wanted them though so I don't get any surprises! I'd do them myself but they won't be done until after breakfast in the hotel.

• xxxsnowbunnyxxx
    Beginner
    xxxsnowbunnyxxx ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is doing ours, I just need to leave instructions, on where I want everything. I will be upstairs getting ready, so might nip down before I get my dress on just to see how they are getting on.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

We can go and do ours on the Friday afternoon as long as they dont have a wedding booked on the friday. if they do, then they will do it on the morning. I just need to leave them instructions of where to put everything. My florist comes in and does the centrepieces.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics